Grand Prix 4

Hi guys

I had a Fanatec CSR Elite pedal set, which didn't work with Grand Prix 4, because the axes were all inverted, so I thought it was just an issue with the pedals. I tried Pinnacle Micro, X360CE, and some other programs to un-invert the pedals, but none worked.

Then I got Clubsport V2's now, but they have the exact same issue...

So am I right to say that no Fanatec pedal users are able to play Grand Prix 4? Or is there anyone here who has managed to fix this issue somehow?

Am I correct in thinking GP4 doesn't support 2 controllers in game? I can set up the controls in the menu for my separate pedals and wheel, but only the wheel controls are detected once I enter a race. Anyone with any experience of using 2 controllers?

Am I correct in thinking GP4 doesn't support 2 controllers in game? I can set up the controls in the menu for my separate pedals and wheel, but only the wheel controls are detected once I enter a race. Anyone with any experience of using 2 controllers?
You can only use one controller.

Complete Info:

1. Ensure that the wheel is set up for separate axes in the control panel at ID1 in game controllers.
  2. Start GP4
  3. GP4 seems to be reading the control axes data to navigate the menus. This can lead to scrolling/flickering of the menus. According to some info in the news groups this behaviour can be disabled as follows:-
    -- Goto "main menu"->"workshop"->"utilities"->"menu setup"
    --
    Un-check "shows tooltips"
  4. Now it is time to assign the various axes in the game.
    -- Goto "main menu"->"options"->"controls"
  5. There are several ways to do this. The method outlined here involves creating what GP4 calls a "user set".
    -- Click "advanced"
    --
    Click "choose control method"
    --
    Click on one of the "Not Used" user sets
    -- When prompted for the type of controller select "wheel"
    --
    You can optionally enter a name for the control set being created
  6. The next step involves assigning each of the axis in the user set as follows

To assign steering :-

-- Click "steering"
    -- Click "steering device" drop down list on the right hand side
    -- Select controller A from the list, a new window will open
    -- Select the "X Axis"
    -- Click "ok"
    To assign accelerate :-

-- Click "accelerate/brake"
    -- Click "acceleration device" drop down list on the right hand side
    -- Select "Controller A" from the list, a new window will open
    -- Select the "Z Axis"
    -- Click "ok"
    To assign brake :-

-- Click "accelerate/brake"
    -- Click "acceleration device" drop down list on the right hand side
    -- Select "Controller A" from the list, a new window will open
    -- Select the "IRZ Axis"
    -- Click "ok"

You can "save" the file if required.
  7. The next step is to "calibrate". Follow the instructions displayed by the game
Hi man! What are you referring to with ID1 controllers? Also the game reads all three of my pedals as the y axis. Any suggestions?

Hi man! What are you referring to with ID1 controllers? Also the game reads all three of my pedals as the y axis. Any suggestions?

It's probably outdated by now, I can't find my IDs in the game controllers section either. But it should still show in DXDiag:
upload_2018-11-17_18-0-58.png

Regarding all the axis being the same axis, it depends on what wheel/pedals you have, but disable "Combined Pedals". This is what it is indicated as for a Thrustmaster T500RS:

upload_2018-11-17_18-3-29.png

Hope this helps.

It's probably outdated by now, I can't find my IDs in the game controllers section either. But it should still show in DXDiag:
View attachment 278606

Regarding all the axis being the same axis, it depends on what wheel/pedals you have, but disable "Combined Pedals". This is what it is indicated as for a Thrustmaster T500RS:

View attachment 278607

Hope this helps.
It helped man!! Thanks!! For a game from 2002 the FFB is incredible

View attachment 278606

View attachment 278607

Hope this helps.
i have problem my device is not id1 it is id0 i'm using Thrustmaster T150

Hi ! Newly decided to download GP4, and wanted to install the 2006 season mod, but if I understood correctly I need the ZaZ tools for that but it seems every common download link is pretty much broken these days. Anyone has a working link for it ?

First run the setup.exe from the gp4central archive. After it's installed overwrite the files with the ones from the repack archive.

First run the setup.exe from the gp4central archive. After it's installed overwrite the files with the ones from the repack archive.
Hi ! Thank you very much for the answer ! Everything's installed now, but I don't know how to set everything up correctly now, and since grandprixx.com isn't online anymore idk where to turn to. Can I ask for some more help please ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back