Not open for further replies.
Power on qualification +1: 200$
Power on race +2: 400$
Qualification skill +40:400$
Race skill +20: 200$

Sponsors:
Quali - A
Race - B

Toby will use team money for car upgrades.:thumbsup: Good luck everyone in new season!;)

Sponsors: Type A / Type A
+60 Quail Skill
+40 Race Skill
$500 left

Team -
3 quali hp
6 race hp
$100 worth of reliability reduction.

Team money:
Race BHP +10: 2000$

Own money:
Race BHP +2: 400$
Quali BHP +1: 200$
Race skill +30: 300$
Quali skill +40: 300$

Sponsors:
Quali: A
Race: A

Sponsor
Qualification:

Type C
Race:
Type B

Car
Power on Qualification +4 - 800$(500$ Team Money and 300$ from my money)
Race skill +50 - 500$
Qualification skill +25 - 250$
50$ left

I don't understand exactly how bank works, but if I have 850$ in the bank and I can use them right now, I want to get:
Variation on Qualification -20 - 300$
Variation on Race - 20 - 300$
Race skill +30 - 300$(I use the 50$ left, too)

No, i have said you can only carry 1000 for next season, to not loose all your money, the balance is put on the bank. If you use all your money this season, you will be able to took the money of the bank

Quote from the old thread, didn't want to bump it again

Also Ilmor only had 11 retirements, and not all where caused by failures, some where crashes (looked through the thread earlier this day as I was curious about Tyrrell's next year failure rate)
Just saying that again, 11 Ilmor retirements result in +100 for failure rate instead of +550, which makes quite a difference imo.

Quote from the old thread, didn't want to bump it again

Just saying that again, 11 Ilmor retirements result in +100 for failure rate instead of +550, which makes quite a difference imo.

Ilmor got only two car with this engine, Honda like Tyrrell and McLaren got 4 car, so the number of retirement (average) per car is different

Ilmor got only two car with this engine, Honda like Tyrrell and McLaren got 4 car, so the number of retirement (average) per car is different
I know (you and Ron), but you two had 11 retirements (not 13!), so 11/2=5.5 per car. New mid value is 117/22=5.3, 5.5-5.3=0.2, 0.2*1000/2=100

I know (you and Ron), but you two had 11 retirements (not 13!), so 11/2=5.5 per car. New mid value is 117/22=5.3, 5.5-5.3=0.2, 0.2*1000/2=100

You are right on that, but the problem, when a car crash or get a failure higher than 90% of the race, still '' on the standing of the race'' and show me only how many lap behind they are, so i cant know if they crash or not. So i calculate also the crashes. Not the best thing, but no choice

You are right on that, but the problem, when a car crash or get a failure higher than 90% of the race, still '' on the standing of the race'' and show me only how many lap behind they are, so i cant know if they crash or not. So i calculate also the crashes. Not the best thing, but no choice
I got that part with the crashes, what I mean is that I count 11 Rets in the tables for you and Ron.
Hope this image shows what I mean

How did you calculate failure? Just to see if I understand it ok: we race in GP4, get prizes for finishes in GP4 and we get DNF in GP4. But we get failure chance based on real-life failure rate??
I don't see reason for Tyrrel as Constructors champions to change motor supplier. That was ok in real-life, where McLaren (champions) stayed with Honda. But that's another story
I could survive Tyrrell numbers, but why Williams on 6050? Maybe we can calculate car skill in the same way...:rolleyes:

How did you calculate failure? Just to see if I understand it ok: we race in GP4, get prizes for finishes in GP4 and we get DNF in GP4. But we get failure chance based on real-life failure rate??
I don't see reason for Tyrrel as Constructors champions to change motor supplier. That was ok in real-life, where McLaren (champions) stayed with Honda. But that's another story
I could survive Tyrrell numbers, but why Williams on 6050? Maybe we can calculate car skill in the same way...:rolleyes:

The car skill is based on team money you earn, so top team earn more money at the end and more upgrade for the next season car

The car skill is based on team money you earn, so top team earn more money at the end and more upgrade for the next season car
Oh, sorry. I just saw that you gave table with calculations in other thread. Yet, one remark, for car failure for every team you used only engine failure... But in calculation for ENGINE failure you used all DNFs.
Since we don't race for real prizes and money you could close one eye for those who retired in last laps. Since you don't have data for them you just use data you have for sure.
Example for March: crach*4+transmission*2+Puncture+Engine*2+Gearbox*2 and probably Ron got DNF in last race but finished -6laps, so no data for him.
From this I would say that Ilmor engine is reliable and March's car is unreliable. But with you calculation Tyrrell gets all parts from March not only engine.:thumbsup: Just trying to help.

Oh, sorry. I just saw that you gave table with calculations in other thread. Yet, one remark, for car failure for every team you used only engine failure... But in calculation for ENGINE failure you used all DNFs.
Since we don't race for real prizes and money you could close one eye for those who retired in last laps. Since you don't have data for them you just use data you have for sure.
Example for March: crach*4+transmission*2+Puncture+Engine*2+Gearbox*2 and probably Ron got DNF in last race but finished -6laps, so no data for him.
From this I would say that Ilmor engine is reliable and March's car is unreliable. But with you calculation Tyrrell gets all parts from March not only engine.:thumbsup: Just trying to help.

May be its will decrease it, but not only Ilmor have crash, all other engine... so the mid value will decrease and probably the final result will be close to be the same

May be its will decrease it, but not only Ilmor have crash, all other engine... so the mid value will decrease and probably the final result will be close to be the same
Yet it would make more sense, as drivers crashing out is due to the ai errors value in the md, and has nothing to do with the failure rate in the perfs afaik. If you count the 90% retirements, you'd also have to count the problems that occur during race and get fixed during pitstop (like Ben's in Spain which gave me the win), but we know that you can't do this, as you'd have to watch all races again, and some of them didn't even get captured probably. (Loose wheel and puncture also got nothing to do with the engine, but it's caused by the failure rate btw.)

Tbh, it sucks to be forced to switch from the best (most reliable) engine to one of the worst, especially as on the one side it's very expensive to improve reliability, and on the other side very useless as Tyrrell has yet another supplier in 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%