Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the_sigman holy crap you were right :confused: you've been so unlucky this season, thanks for being a great teammate and looking forward to it next year! Can't believe you beat me in the end, equal points but you have more podiums, damn you! :p feels bad getting 2 fastest laps, 3 poles, 3 podiums and no win, next season for sure!

Thanks Tobi for managing 2 races a week again, keeps interest higher and makes the game feel more fluid, appreciate it :thumbsup:

Cheers for the words guys :inlove:

Almost 3 years of moderating it, can't believe it's been that long. Going in a well deserved break now :cool:. Not quite yet though, gonna post the updated stastics at some point later on. Updating the wiki, and sending Tim all files he needs.

@the_sigman holy crap you were right :confused: you've been so unlucky this season, thanks for being a great teammate and looking forward to it next year! Can't believe you beat me in the end, equal points but you have more podiums, damn you! :p feels bad getting 2 fastest laps, 3 poles, 3 podiums and no win, next season for sure!

Thanks Tobi for managing 2 races a week again, keeps interest higher and makes the game feel more fluid, appreciate it :thumbsup:
Hopefully next season is better. Thanks for being a great teammate, let's keep it up!

Also, huuge thanks to Tobi for being a great modertor the past few seasons!

Next season cof values can be found in the 2nd post, line-up pic doesn't have the WDC/WCC rewards added yet. The value on the very right is the amount of $ you lost through the cut-off.
well it's clear which ferrari was worse this year :p

After a few years back in a competative car, and i'm forced to leave. A couple seasons ago i said that ferrari would be my last team and then i would retire. But now i'm so pissed i want revenge :laugh: game on with mclaren, hoping for a better period than last time i was with the team

Cheers for the words guys :inlove:

Almost 3 years of moderating it, can't believe it's been that long. Going in a well deserved break now :cool:. Not quite yet though, gonna post the updated stastics at some point later on. Updating the wiki, and sending Tim all files he needs.
Wait what? 3 years already?

Whew...

Thank you for beeing a perfect moderator!

2005 Chinese GP

FIA Press Conference
@Mane Goddard: Seeing the team out with a win, not many better ways for a goodbye I guess?

Yes, it's really an unexpected (but really a very nice moment to do the last party :D:cry:) result after the last unfortunate moments. Answering also the question of the last conference that I missed, I've had a great time with Minardi. The first years were very, very difficult, but with hard work and constant effort we were able to obtain these good results after all. I leave Minardi with good memories from there (team and teammates)... But, well, maybe it was time to close this long chapter.

Well, I leave Minardi and Tobi leave the moderation. Many new things are going to happen next year :roflmao:

2005 Qualifying Stats

- Green indicates the best result achieved over the entire season;
- Red indicates the worst result achieved over the entire season;

upload_2017-5-3_17-4-43.png

And all the Head to Head's as well:

upload_2017-5-3_19-20-40.png

Last edited:
Ferrari
Engberink finally managed to win his first drivers' title, in what was his 3rd proper shot at it. While Buurlage was quite far behind in terms of points, he wasn't in pace. Several technical issues prevented a better season for him.
The team could win its 3rd constructors' title, the first one since '98. Engberink's contract has been extended, Buurlage though has to give way to Laad, who's already driven for Ferrari in 2001.

Red Bull
New team on the grid, having taken over Jaguar at the end of 2004, they left quite an impression. One win each for Lintner and Cornes, and 3rd and 4th place in the driver standings. The team battled for the constructors' crown until the last race, where they lost it due to an early double dnf.
They'll keep the lineup the same for the 2006 season.

Minardi

They didn't quite have the pace of the previous season, but still managed to grad 5 wins. Goddard led the team, securing 2nd in the standings with 3 wins. Rinneaho secured 2 wins, however only finished 11th due to lack of consistency, and poor qualifying results.
The team bids farewell to F1 with a 3rd place in the final standings, being taken over by Toro Rosso, a Red Bull sister team. With Mishra and Brown they bring in 2 new drivers.

Toyota
Probably one of the most equal driver pairings on the grid, both Laskey and Sigoulakis scoring 50 points. Despite 5 poles they couldn't score a win, but 8 podiums and a whole bunch of further points finishes were more than enough to get them their best result so far with 4th in the final standings.
Both drivers extended their contracts for the 2006 season.

McLaren
Laad scored the teams first win since 2000 (his first since '97), a further 5 followed throughout the season, 3 for Laad, 2 for Harvey. Despite being equal on wins with Ferrari, they were quite a bit behind in terms of points. Reason being that if they didn't win, they were often struggling in midfield positions. They ended the season in 5th, 1 place worse than the previous year.
Laad leaves the team for Ferrari, Buurlage taking his seat. The Dutchman already drove for them from '96 to '97. Harvey remained for another year.

Williams
It appears they managed to stop the downfall of the previous years. Fighting for points on a regular basis, and scoring 4 podiums. Reed was the better of the 2 drivers, finishing the season in a personal best with 8th. Keranen kept being hunted by reliability issues, often preventing better results.
Both drivers renewed their contracts for next season.

Renault
Both Martins and Utzer endured a tough season, the R25 being a car plagued by frequent technical problems. The pace was there, especially on 1 lap as 8 poles throughout the season show. In the races though the car either broke down, or the drivers got involved in some sort of incidents. With only 3 podiums and 40 points, almost equally spread between Utzer and Martins, they quite underperformed.
Since the problem wasn't the drivers, Renault extended the contracts of both of them.

Super Aguri
They joined the grid late, having bought the bankrupt Arrows team. With Brown and Lutz they signed two rookies, who both managed to impress during the season. Lutz scored his and the teams' first podium at the Monaco GP. A few more points finishes for both drivers allowed them to beat established teams as Jordan, BAR and Sauber in the standings.
They didn't manage to keep their lineup, Lutz left for Honda, Brown signed for Toro Rosso. With Rinneaho they managed to pick up one of the currently best drivers on the grid, Bradford joins coming from Sauber.

Jordan
One of the top teams of the previous season, the Irish outfit fell apart during the year. Ancevski left after one race only, retiring from racing. Poulsen (formely known as Black) was brought out of retirement to fill his seat. In the first half of the season he was in the points on a regular basis, with lack of car development he couldn't keep that up though. Graham clearly lacked motivation, and was dropped late season. Said came out of retirement, but was stuck in the same boat as Poulsen.
The team was sold to Midland, keeping both drivers for 2006.

BAR
Season started strong with a 2nd place or Mishra. That was about it though, only 3 further points results in the remaining season for Mishra and Brugman. The Dutchman returned after 1 season away from the sports, but similar to Graham at Jordan lacked proper commitment. Mishra tried to make the best of the situation, but with the lack of car development he had a hard time.
Rather suprisingly Brugman was kept, being joined by Lutz. Mishra left the team, joining the new Toro Rosso outfit.

Sauber
The worst season for the team in a long time. Poor reliability hindered car development for many parts of the season. Bradford in his rookie season showed some steady performances, only rewarded at the final race with his first point. Kederer retired in almost half of the races, the other half he didn't impress much either, though, highlight being a 4th place at Brazil.
The team was bought by BMW, keeping Kederer, and bringing in one of the currently best drivers on the grid with Goddard.

d78izjW.png
Dpoles.PNG
Dfl.PNG
Dpodiums.PNG
Dpoints.PNG
Draces.PNG
Ddnfs.PNG
Cwins.PNG
Cpoles.PNG
Cfl.PNG
Craces.PNG

• Deleted member 161052

Jordan were so poor. Since Omer's return I couldn't get points. Without Tobi Kederstone next year we will have Tim Engcarey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back