1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 1979 Series - Track Suggestions

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

As you might have seen in the new posted schedule we will be running the GP79 series on weekly basis.
    This mod is a handfull but as always: practice masters!

Here is a question to you, what tracks would you like to see running? Please name a few that have your interest. But:
    • Tracks need to be scratch build
    • Don't post suggestions if you are not interested in this serie
    Thanks for the help
  2. Bathurst
    Oran Park (Not really suitable but would be funny)
    Bull Run
    Barber (Birmingham)
  3. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Well the best tracks for this mod is the ones that are included. Nothing beats them in these cars!

4. NORDSCHLEIIIIFE!!!!!! That would be the best!
  5. Bram

And they are all composites and not scratch build :)
  6. If something is converted but from an original scratch build is that ok?
  7. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

do not kill me now :)
    How about the track pack that follows with the mod?
  8. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Thats such a shame the original ones included in the mod cant be run. They are by far the best. I dont think ive even driven this mod on any other tracks lol.
  9. my track suggestion:
    1) Kyalami
    2) Zeltweg
    3) Zandvoort
    4) Rouen
    5) Mosport
    6) Spa

Bram let me give a suggestion for this format applicable also to the others:
    for me the F79 mod is a little bit different respect others and need more training to be fast and safe on track:skywalker:
    so I suggest a Club Calendar with defined at least the races that will be run in a window of 2 or 3 weeks
    in this way who likes a bi-weekly basis or to training more can do it, imho

sincerly I appreciate a lot your idea to keep fixed some mods for a while combining the beauty of the champ to the flexibility of the club, brilliant idea !! :rotfl: I hope in a driver's ranking as well

today I'll announce to my 3 drivers ("The Road Runners" Team) this powerfull club events :drool: we will be free from 1st of June :laugh2:

many thanks

ops last but not the least: I hope in a racing start time at 22.00CET --> 21.00UK, but I noticed this is your typical starting time ;)
  10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

A lot of the 79 tracks that come with the mod are GPL tracks, and Sierra/Papyrus opened them up ages ago, so those ones are fine.
  11. Bram

Link to where that is stated by them?
  12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Blimey - now you're asking - it was literally about 3 or 4 years ago over on RSC, back when it was Legends Central - I'll poke around but I can't promise anything. I mean when did Sierra / Papyrus cease to exist - it was before then, so that's how long ago it was.

Let me check about.

Edit - struggling to find anything for cold hard proof at the moment, unfortunately. RSC being down and generally shagged isn't helping me out. I'll keep looking.
  13. The only ones that weren't fine were Dijon and Zolder i think, which originated from TRD1, all the other tracks were permitted at RSC so i see why not here :)
  14. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Since its the old F1 era, I prefer old tracks. Old Zandvoort/Monza (Brianza)/etc.etc.
    There are some tracks in the F1 1979 trackpack also.
  15. Why not use the GP-79 trackpack? those tracks are the best!
  16. How about Long beach, Watkins Glenn or Sears Point (Infineon) Brands Hatch and Road America.
  17. My GP79 came with only 1 track and that was Hockenhiem and it was poorly modeled.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.