rF2 Grand Opening @ Various Tracks - Thursday January 12, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great time racing on server #2 last night with the Meganes. Other than the server issues, there wasn't much for me to report on as far as bugs are concerned. Had a few frame rate issues for the first few corners, very stuttery for first quater of the 1st lap, but seemed to settle down half way around and stayed smooth for the rest of the race.

Sorry to whoever (didn't have names displayed, doh) I nudged in t2, I did wait and let you rejoin in front of me. I'm blaming the frame rate issue I was suffering, one second I had a cars length between us, the next I was on the back bumper. Hope it didn't spoil your race.

The only downside to the night was (and it's not really a down side) I was the only driver on TS on server 2. Kind of made me want to join the masses in TS in server 1, but I have an allergy to hay bails, lol.

Looking forward to the next outing. Cheers to all who took part.:)

At first it looked very much doable but when it turned pitch black this openwheeler race turned into a skill enduro trying to find your way. Eventually Nick Deeley won but it seems he cheated as in our server logs it clearly showed he created a flashlight mod :)

flashlight.gif

Lets hope somebody has made a lot of pictures of this night as it was great fun with you all on ts3 :) Congrats to Nick :)

Hehe, lies I tell you! Lies! No flashlight here, your server logs are wrong ;) For those that weren't there, I simply waited at the side of the track till it the sun rose and it was light enough to see where I was going.

It was very enjoyable, despite the numerous restarts after the chaotic starts. The F3 cars are a real blast to drive. And the sunset/sunrise at Spa, so beautiful, even at this beta stage. Would love to see it on a super-duper high end spec machine and in HD.

Hehe, lies I tell you! Lies! No flashlight here, your server logs are wrong ;) For those that weren't there, I simply waited at the side of the track till it the sun rose and it was light enough to see where I was going.

It was very enjoyable, despite the numerous restarts after the chaotic starts. The F3 cars are a real blast to drive. And the sunset/sunrise at Spa, so beautiful, even at this beta stage. Would love to see it on a super-duper high end spec machine and in HD.

I followed Bram which i will never do again! :)

Belive me Nick, with everything turned up full and every effect on it kind an absolute dram.
At first I thought there was some problem because my machine was running damn slow, but once I turned Sli off frame rates shot up to 70fps.

Once the code and drivers are finalized, its can only look even better and perform as it should on everyone's machine

The thing the youtube vid doesn't show, - maybe because I still loose some detail. I think i need a new program!
What was I saying again, oh, yes. The thing the youtube vid doesn't show is the little white things I don't know the english word for at the moment are slightly visible, so that shows me where the edge of the road are, usually only on one side though. But by staying close to those I know I have some space on the other side. The problem is into corners. I usually use the signs to know which way the turn goes, and how far it is to the corner. :)

I think what you mean by the little white things is what we call Cats Eye's.
There is a tecnical term for them, but they get call that only on offical forms and such.
Theyve been one of the greatest road safety tools ever IMHO

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years