rF2 Grand-Am @ Road America - Thu July 29th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice event :)

Qual P3 very happy because it was first touch with this mod for me :)

Race P1

ALmost whole race i was chasing Toby. I catch him just before pit and passed but he get back on top after my pit. So i was chasing again :) I got him 5 minutes to go i think, and pass after his mistake. Just bringed home i was thinkied and just tryied to stay on the track and defend. Toby try his luck with insane and very dangerous move, much too late on brakes, good that me goes also wide on this corner, so he goes straight on the grass and wall.

First touch with this mod and first time rF for a very long time, it was great racing, thanks all drivers and RD ;)

Q: 6th. It was close from 4 to 6.

Start was oke. Always need 3 laps to get my mind up to racing speed. :D
So had a gap to the guys infront of me. Was closing in abit. Then went to the pits and saw Mattia in my pitbox so needed to wait a extra 30 seconds. After that it was quite lonely. Closed the gap from 25 to 9 to Lee but he was having some problems. To bad about the pitstop i could have battled for a podium easily.

Thanks for racing. :)

Nice race Quali in 9th and at jump start all is OK do some curve in group as bees:wink:.Front me Robert and we start a very nice challenge and really correct try to overtake him but is not easy with this cars ( better say for me not for the cars :) ),I ran very near to Robert so at the 1st little fault I managed to overtake.I went in pit change wheels and Fuel all OK.I meet Jeffrey and do little battle but him fault a curve so I could put a bit of time between us allowed me to get through the race a bit more relaxed.
Finished in 5th not bad for me.

Congratulation to Podium and well done all drivers:good:

Thanks Ryan & Ivo and RD for event

Struggled in qualifying a bit. I beilve there was another 6 tenths in the car which I couldn't quite get but still qualified a reasonable 5th.

Had a good start in the race infact I hit the guy infront who had a bad start / had to avoid Greg. I was then hit up my rear when I hit the car infront. Damaged the bodywork a bit nothing majour. Had a slow first lap to get the tyres and brakes upto temp Chris Butcher got past I dno who else did. Lap 2 I was quite close behind Chris and Greg. Chris went quite hard up the inside of Greg into turn 2 this put Greg onto the grass and was slow down the next straight this allowed me to get alongside but he had the line and was better on the brakes than me so kept the position. He then ran wide a few corners later allowing me through. I then managed to catch Chris up and managed to drive around the outside of him in the long 180. Managed to close in a bit on Mattia (3rd). But once it got to about the 2 secound mark it stayed there occasionly me closing in, then the next lap Mattia would pull away. When the pits came I came in same lap as him still about 2 secounds behind. Had a quicker stop somehow and was closer as we exited. Struggled a bit first few corners to get the stuff upto temp but was then able to close back in. Mattia then ran wide on the final turn on one of the laps allowing me through but 2 corners later I span on the exit of 2 allowing him back past. The next lap i was on the back of him again (think he had traffic) and got a bit wide into T1, got the car on the kerb and was a sitting passenger as the car almost pulled itself towards the barrier. Car was ok apart from the suspenion / steering issue. Had to hold the car at quite an angle to the left. Was hard work but managed to keep 4th. Which became 3rd after Toby had retired. Pleased with that but if Ivo hadn't had his pit issue I know he would of had me :p.

Thanks all who raced. Ivo / Ryan for Organizing and Admin work :). This is my new favourite mod, I love the drift in these cars.

I try these cars yesterday but they seem to have a massive understeer and almost no brakes, so after a few laps I just give up, so I ask, is just me or you feel it too?

is normal m8.....this cars have bad brakes, and you need atleast 1 lap before the tyres and brakes starting to work at the right temperature!!! ;)

Report....

was a nice night for me yesterday, in qualy i was 4th (but almost 1 second slower than the poleman). My start was good and so i was able to gain fast the 3rd position. In front of me there were Toby and Marcin fighting and they had another pace and so they were gaining a lot on me and on Lee that was always behind me at few seconds. After the pits Lee was still behind me , like he said, i did an error in the last corner and so he gained a lot of seconds but he did also an error and so i was able again to pass him, after few laps he was unlucky and went wide and so i gained more than 10 seconds.... he had some problems with the car and this let me gain time at every lap and so i kept the car at home without any pressure!!! at 2 laps to the end Toby went wide and destroyed the car and so i gained the 2nd position......

really thank you to Ivo, RD and to all the guys that raced yesterday, and congratz to all the guys that take the car at home after 45 minuts on that track!!! (this track had some really dangerouse sand traps that make you loose easily the control of the car if you went wide)

P.S.: sry Ivo if i stole your Pit Box....this is really one of those bad bugs of rFactor and this time it happens to you!!! I'm really sry for it also if it wasn't a mine fault because this took away some fights and some fun for you!! :(

P.P.S: btw my count were a bit wrong..... i finished the race with 20 liters of fuel, so maybe i was a bit too much cautious!!! :D

:star:Grand AM Pontiac. The music coming from the engine is fantastic. This was my first race in this type of car and the first in rFactor. I read that the car was something really special, so I had to test it. First time with rFactor I could not find the pre-setting for changing tyres during pitstop, LOL:redface:. I must study the rFactor tech a lot before next event:D

The race became a lonely journey after a few laps. I managed to avoid big mistakes but was to slow to follow the main group of drivers. My inexperience made me go a little too cautious, more like a practice session than a race. I would have liked to beat my PrestoGP-mate Valerio, but he just disappeared in the distance. Next time Valerio:wink: Anyway I came in as 6th.

I hope you do not fall ill of abstinence during the break Valerio:D

Thanks all!

CU

I try these cars yesterday but they seem to have a massive understeer and almost no brakes, so after a few laps I just give up, so I ask, is just me or you feel it too?

Understeer? I think you mean oversteer? :D
It likes to go sideways. But yeah the brakes are not perfect. They are famous for that. But you need also to install the sprint brakes and get them on temp and then they are not bad. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back