rF2 Grand-Am @ Houston 98 - Thu Sept 2nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
27054d1279250701-grand-am-prototypes-road-atlanta-thu-july-22nd-2010-grand-slam.jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT GS

Mod: Grand Slam 2006 (Free choice of vehicle)
Track: Houston 98
Setups: Fixed (only brake pressure and steering lock can be adjusted - remember to fit the 'sprint' brakes found in the upgrades menu)
Pitstop: Mandatory (fuel and/or tyres must be taken)

Official Practice: 19:00 GMT, 30 minutes
Qualification: 20 minutes
Warmup: 3 minutes
Race: 19:55 GMT, 45 minutes

Notes:
1. Porsche-engined vehicles have a longer gear ratio than other engines for use on circuits with long straights. Please bear this in mind when choosing your vehicle.

Click here to read the password and golden rules.

3. We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here. You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entry List:

1. Nigel Middleton
2. Mattia Gottardi
3. Valerio Vinassa
4. Lee Palmer
5. Marcin Skrzypczak
6. Brian Uniake
7. Adam Eggbeer
8. Matthew Weston

Sign me up please

Hi,
This will be my first race on RD, or any driving sim for that matter. I've done plenty on SHIFT but I'm aware there's a big difference. I am hoping the racing is different to the crash and bang you get with games like SHIFT online. I do my very best to avoid crashing at all times.
Cheers,
Brian

Sorry ... I should mention, I'm not a console racer ... I have my own 'setup' ... seat taken out of my car! cockpit made of wood, G27, monster computer ... just been dying to find somewhere to race with people that don't just plough in to each other the whole time.

Hi Ryan,
Got a question, how can I get the settings back to the ones that are legal in the race?
I've dicked around with them and now I'm not sure if I'm practicing with the right ones. I have to admit I need practice or I'll be spending too much time apologising ... I keep over running the braking zone.
Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years