rF2 Grand-Am @ Daytona Road Course - Thu Aug 5th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to accept this as a real RD race, and I think it shouldn't be included in the rankings in any way, it broke all the rules laid down by the admin, the start, the times, the restarts, chatting, everything. Ridiculous.

im with you on that toby... im so angry that my race had to be ruined because others cant have a proper start... i hope the next grand am race isnt like this or i know i will not be partaking in any more of these events...

well...that didnt go very well
2 restarts because of everyone smashing themselves up at T1, i have a suggestion. if we do night races would it be possible to have the time of day in practise on the server set to night time because it just makes no sense to have day time practise for a race thats at night because everyone is going to get used to having all the grip and visibility of day time so when it comes to the race they will almost definately screw up.

Sorry for knocking you on the track adam eggbeer, i waited for you to get off the grass but tbf you did get too close to my line when you overtook me :)

Fun to see all the whining and complaining about restarts and it being about wanting one because you got a bad start. First and second start I went from 12th to 7th and 5th respectively, I benefited from those 'idiots' who happened to get caught up in a crash that takes out a large chunk of the field. am i complaining that I lost those good starts of my own? no, because i'd rather race with 12 or 13 people who deserve to race rather than 5 or 6 who just happened to be lucky not to get caught up in a crash.

And I think it's rather rude to say that the 10 people who actually stuck around and tried to race should be told it was all for nothing just because people can't get over there being restarts.

Well it's tough, if you get hit or you hit someone. If we allowed restarts onto every race on RD then people just wouldn't care, they would crash into everyone at the start and know that a restart will save them.

Fun to see all the whining and complaining about restarts and it being about wanting one because you got a bad start. First and second start I went from 12th to 7th and 5th respectively, I benefited from those 'idiots' who happened to get caught up in a crash that takes out a large chunk of the field. am i complaining that I lost those good starts of my own? no, because i'd rather race with 12 or 13 people who deserve to race rather than 5 or 6 who just happened to be lucky not to get caught up in a crash.

And I think it's rather rude to say that the 10 people who actually stuck around and tried to race should be told it was all for nothing just because people can't get over there being restarts.

You should take care of your lenguaje guys...

I made a clean and good start in first attemp and when reaching turn 1 I found a pile up of cars I could not avoid, I had some damage but could still racing winning at least 5 or 6 positions over the crashed cars... butthat is racing, so in my view all the cars should have gone to repair the damage as in a real race. Second race, again I made a fast and clean start but 40 meters ahead there was a car spinning and crossed on my way, crashed again... leaved the server tired of it.

It could have been a real fun race in the night and my suggestion is do not count the results (or count them, I really don´t care about the RD standings), but let´s do it again for 3 reassons:
a) Show we are able to make a standing start with this car.
b) Have the fun we could have yesterday.
c) The MOD is really good and fun.

Anyway, in my opinion if you go racig and an accident happen, race should never be restarted, there is a pit for some reasson, so if you made a mistake or you where involved in an accident go on pit, repair it, and keep on racing... RD should set some clear rules about restarts in the club events.

...if we do night races would it be possible to have the time of day in practise on the server set to night time because it just makes no sense to have day time practise for a race thats at night because everyone is going to get used to having all the grip and visibility of day time
I agree with you Robert, if it is a night race, at least one of the scheduled practice sessions should be in the night time to get your breaking references well, and get used to that particular conditions.

IDIOTS I know let's restart the race several times until we get a good start. Does my head in, I get really angry at this ****. Change the start to a rolling start, oh no let's go when I say go not when the leader says go. ARG. I refuse to race with that ****.
It's obvious that you are angry but this is not the place to take it out on your fellow racers or those that ran this event. If you have something to complain take the proper actions (why not read the rules again?).

Hopefully this public warning helps you to realize that this is not the way to go.

i did like over 90 races here now, and in all this races i saw only few restart and they were done ALWAYS by an admin and only on the formation lap.... i saw only one time a restart in lap 1 due a massive crash in T1, but like i said it was done by an admin.....

btw i don't want complain too much about the first restart, because probably also an admin would do it because the massive crash, but i complain about restart 2 because EVERYONE knows that T1 was dangerouse, but happens the same problems and people call again restart..... there is a reson why only admin can use the chat and call a restart and it is because with 13 driver there must be at least 13 restart for keep the things fair for everyone, because there would be always one guy that would suffer problems and one that would gain....... this is not a public server and there are some rules and some behaviour that must be keep on the server and yesterday these rules weren't respect by some guys..... if happens an accident in lap 1, just go in pitlane, repair it and you will have other 44 minuts for take at home the car and with the mandatory pitstop you will not lose all the chance to gain a good place!!! ;)

in race 1 in the accident were involved like 8-9 cars on 13 (it's like the 2/3 of the grid), and 2-3 suffer for sure really heavy damages and they was force to DNF but the others were able to continue. (i was involved too because i started really bad, was last, but i managed to exit form T1 without any damages and so my race wasn't so bad in that stage but in every case i didn't call the restart, now that i know that more than the 2/3 of the grid was involved than i am agreed that the restart was necessary ;) )

race 2 happened an accident in the start but only 2 cars suffer heavy damages for hit, and other 2 cars that was involved suffer only little damages, and they call a restart again only because the 1/3 of the grid had some problems.........IMHO this is not the behaviour that must be take in a race...

for example the last saturday did a race with f1 71 and in the first lap we lost 2 drivers that was the 1/3 of the grid and they didn't call the restart and after 2 laps on the track there were only 3 people (due an accident between 3 cars) and one of those 3 cars that survived was damage but anyone call a restart, and i didn't call it too also if i was one of those DNF and also if we were the majority, and also if i know that i could win easily also the race....

i think that this is a form of respect for the guys that were good and lucky to not crash or destroy the car.......it doesn't matter if you survive because you are good or because you was lucky.....also the lucky is part of a race or next time we just need to restart every time someone suffer a disconnection or if someone blown his engine because he started with only 2% of health.....

this are only my 2 cent and i hope that anyone will take too much serious my words, i'm not angry with anyone and i don't wanna complain too much on past things because it really doesn't matter too much....what is done is done, but i want only keep in mind for the next races that what happened yesterday was the first and the last time that we will show ANARCHY on the server..... at least i hope so!!! ;)

well...that didnt go very well
2 restarts because of everyone smashing themselves up at T1, i have a suggestion. if we do night races would it be possible to have the time of day in practise on the server set to night time because it just makes no sense to have day time practise for a race thats at night because everyone is going to get used to having all the grip and visibility of day time so when it comes to the race they will almost definately screw up.

Sorry for knocking you on the track adam eggbeer, i waited for you to get off the grass but tbf you did get too close to my line when you overtook me :)

only restart 1 was due for accident in T1..... i saw the start of race 2 in the replay and everyone survive in T1..... problems born at the start with a little accident between 2 cars and other 2 that suffer some damages, so IMHO was a normal start that doesn't need a restart......it wasnt' the first race where i saw cars spinning in the start, but never i saw a restart for that!!!!

btw about the practice in the night i'm not completly agreed with you.....it could help, but it will take away the magic of the surprice and also in this way, with practice in day and race in night, you can show how one is good to adapt his driving style for the night race, and with the fixed setup it's very interesting show guys that maybe are very fast in day, but not so much during night because they lost their braking point or they don't feel well the cars with different temperature....also in this case everyone knows that was a night race and so i don't see problems to do different time for practice and race.....

Couldn't agree more Mattia. I donate to RD because I enjoy racing here and enjoy the fact that the races are run professionally. When I donate, I don't expect drivers (particularly those who don't donate, you know who you are) taking over the server and restarting for ridiculous reasons. Those who make it safely around T1 shouldn't be punished with a restart. Those who crashed should repair, if possible. We all know the risks in turn one. In WTM I caused an incident at T1 and put several cars in the gravel. Did they wan a restart? No, they just got on with the business of racing.

In the caterham league there have been occasions where we had no admin, and even though there were crashes, no restarts occur. This must have something to do with the maturity of the drivers. I mean, I think Toby is well within his rights to post his frustrations here. Nicolas, when Toby said idiots I don't think he aimed it at you in particular. I garre with the fact I'd rather race with more people, however I wouldn't want my own race compromised due to someone elses incompetence. Like I already said, we all know the risks at turn 1

Couldn't agree more Mattia. I donate to RD because I enjoy racing here and enjoy the fact that the races are run professionally. When I donate, I don't expect drivers (particularly those who don't donate, you know who you are) taking over the server and restarting for ridiculous reasons.

I'm sorry but Donating should make no difference to how people are treated here. Donating doesn't entitle people to be ahead of those who don't or for either people to have more right to have leadership when no admins are around. And Chris no offence but why are you posting here you weren't even in the race... Toby, Mattia have a problem with the race thats fine Ryan is more than capable of sorting it out.

It was a 45 minute race last night and both times cars were out early on some through no fault of their own thats why the race needed a restart. The race in the end was good 45 mins of fun and I thank James especially for a brilliant race.

@Chris: I understand Toby wasn't directing the term idiot at me directly but using it as a general term for the 6-7 people who were involved with the crash. And as i've explained to Mr Garcia I used the term mockingly in my post too.

Lee is right though, donations to the site have, and should never have any relation to what occurs on servers. Yes you donated to keep the site going, or to show your thanks to the site, that is great that you think the site is good enough to donate to. It doesn't equate to a premium account or any bragging rights. I'm not saying this is the case, but if you wanted to play a game that gives you extra stuff for donating money to it then I believe Farmville is right up your street. :D

Its also wrong to try and compare crashes in different events to this one. Each event is different, each crash has different circumstances. But you can't rank them and start saying "a restart didn't happen in that race, so there shouldn't have been any in this race." I'm fully agreeing with a few of the angry people that last night was pretty bad in terms of organisation, but it's wrong to assume or suggest that club races will be like that in the future.

@Mattia: Anarchy would be people driving around the circuit in the opposite direction or deliberately smashing into people. At the end of the day when the vote was started enough people voted 'yes' for the restarts to happen on both occasions, regardless of what people's personal opinions were.

It's obvious that you are angry but this is not the place to take it out on your fellow racers or those that ran this event. If you have something to complain take the proper actions (why not read the rules again?).

Hopefully this public warning helps you to realize that this is not the way to go.

Sorry, you are of course absolutely correct. My "idiots" comment wasn't directly aimed at anyone in particular - rather, it was a general term that I shouldn't have used. I apologise to everyone offended.

However, my point of view still stands. I think it was a great shame that the behaviour of some people on track and in chat, especially with regards to the second restart and the method of starting the 3rd race, was outrageous. I would rather people understood my frustrations publicly, particularly when a race was so barbarically ruined as an event. I am most sorry for Ryan - he takes the effort of organising this only to have a few people believe that they are above the rules laid out and feel that acting like they are driving on a public sprint server is acceptable.

I understand that one cannot comment and compare to other races effectively, but it was always my belief that restarts are to be issued by one person and one person only, the admin, and only then under ridiculous circumstances like a server dropout for most of the grid, or a game synchro issue at the start which causes invisible cars to be rammed, or something like that.

@ Lee of course it shouldn't, I appreciate that not all people are able to donate. You miss my point completely. RD relies on donations. Do you think that I would want to donate if events are run in this manner?

As for posting here, I am a licenced member and take part in most rfactor club events. I am just a entitled as you to post my opinion here.

@ Lee of course it shouldn't, I appreciate that not all people are able to donate. You miss my point completely. RD relies on donations. Do you think that I would want to donate if events are run in this manner?

As for posting here, I am a licenced member and take part in most rfactor club events. I am just a entitled as you to post my opinion here.

It was a one off event that no Admin is around.. 95% of the time there is someone around to keep an eye on the event. Hell sometime ago i was given the Password from Bram to be able to use admin controls when no admin is on but i couldnt last night because the pw has been changed since then.

It was a one off event that no Admin is around.. 95% of the time there is someone around to keep an eye on the event. Hell sometime ago i was given the Password from Bram to be able to use admin controls when no admin is on but i couldnt last night because the pw has been changed since then.
OK so despite the fact that in this race you were absolutely on the same level as us (racers) you took it upon yourself in the third race to say GO before even the start finish straight, even though on a rolling start it has always been the leader's duty to control the field? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back