Grand AM - Brands Hatch

Can anybody who is racing this week in this combo lmk how many laps the actual race is? I raced my first last night and was quite comfortable in 5th and chasing 4th but had only fueled for around 18 laps. After the 12 or so laps i was getting fuel warnings from the spotter so disconnected as i have never done a pitstop in iRacing.

I presume it can not be done on 1 tanks and set of tyres?

I went back and checked my replay and from my replay the closest you and i were during the whole race was on lap 7 and then we were this close:

So i think it must have been some lag because right after i took this picture, your rear end stepped out for some reason :S

My setup is: on the wheel top left and right cycle black box windows. 2nd down on the right is push to talk, on the left cycles my split times, the bottom ones look left and right. On my shifter the dpad side to side increase and decrease the options in the black box window ie brake bais, air pressures. Dpad up and down cycle selection with in the black box window like switch between tires if makeing pressure adjustments. The first red botton the shifter is my pit limiter, the 2nd red botton is active what is in the black box, this is how I would uncheck tires for pit stops. It's all right there at my hands, I don't even take my eyes off the screen. I love my G27.

LOL, im just having a funky week i think. just run the 11.00 race then and was in 2nd lap 30 or 40 something and blew my engine with a dodgy downshift. I'm gonna keep going cause i don't give up! Will race the next one.

Hamper, the car that hit me was yellow and when i passed the line, the car that was in front but it can't of been you as the car was yellow. Yes, i will be racing the weekend, i don't think i will bother racing anything over than them now starting from next season as i don't have the next track and don't really like it anyway

The car that hit me was yellow and when i passed the line, the car was in front.

Just thought of something here. Did you update TradingPaints before joining the race?

My car is "yellow" as a base paint. And what do you mean when you passed the line? Was it when you were going to pit? Because i passed you there to. You had to brake, let me past and then you went in to pits.

I´m not trying to beat on the subject but i´m just curious since i think it was me that bent it anyway if you haven´t updated TradingPaints before the race.

Did the car look like this?

car.png

No i have not been to Trading paints? Do i have to then? Regarding the line, what i mean is before that turn you were behind me in the standings box, but after the turn you were ahead of me and after passing the start/finish line that lap you were in front of me in the standings. Yes that was the car mate.

As i said yesterday don't worry about it man. Really dissapointed in last nights race after holding 2nd for so long and then that downshift ended it all. I think maybe i was tired after running 2 80 minute races so close to each other but i'm pretty determined until i get things right. I know once i get it right i can mix it.

Just yesterday everything seemed to go wrong. The last race i had no contact from anyone and made my way to 2nd and then end it with an engine failure...LOL

No i have not been to Trading paints? Do i have to then? Regarding the line, what i mean is before that turn you were behind me in the standings box, but after the turn you were ahead of me and after passing the start/finish line that lap you were in front of me. Yes that was the car mate.

As i said yesterday don't worry about it man. Really dissapointed in last nights race after holding 2nd for so long and then that downshift ended it all. I think maybe i was tired after running 2 80 minute races so close to each other but i'm pretty determined until i get things right. I know once i get it right i can mix it.

Just yesterday everything seemed to go wrong. The last race i had no contact from anyone and made my way to 2nd and then end will and engine failure...LOL

You don´t have TradingPaints? Wow, must be boring to see everyone drive around in base skins all the time.
Download TradingPaints at TradingPaints.com

Upload your own custom skin there. Download their Downloader. Choose what cars you want to download in the options menu, choose save settings and watch it download skins. You don´t have to do anything after that, it will put the skins in the correct folders.

It will be like night and day after that and you will see some pretty cool skins on track m8. Makes it feel more "racing" you know.

So it happened in the last turn when you decided to pit? btw, i know it´s nothing to worry about know i just want to know for myself the incident.

I managed to hit a 1:21:3 in quali last night aswell so the cars are beginning to come too me. I think i have 20's as my optimal is a 1:20:7 but i think i'm being hampered due to auto blip as these cars seem to not respond very well to manual blipping with the shifter padles

Don´t use autoclutch. There´s no point m8. Better to learn how the car downshifts the best. I use very little throttle blips for downshifts and have never missed a gear in the Riley. I use paddles to. And the same wheel ;)
AND, your faster then me over a lap :(

I went back and checked the replay again to see where we met on track and collected these so you can download and take a look how it looked from my point of view.
I even included two clips that you might find interesting that i think is what caused the suspension to be bent ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/442700865/Pass_1_Ross.rpy
http://rapidshare.com/files/442700866/Pass_2_Ross.rpy
http://rapidshare.com/files/442700867/Ross_suspension_maybe_2.rpy
http://rapidshare.com/files/442700868/Ross_suspension_maybe.rpy

Btw m8, have you downloaded TradingPaints?

Mate what the hell happened there then. Just watched it then and your right there is no visual contact but you said you had a contact warning and my car just behaves like it did in real time to me like i had been hit. Very weird, i watched that from most camera angles then

I just checked the lap graph and on the two laps we met, which was Lap 7 and Lap 26. I had no contact with anybody :S
I must have took you for another driver when i said that.

http://members.iracing.com/membersi...chart.jsp?&subsessionid=2971371&carclassid=-1

But, it seems that it doesn´t register 0x since i know i had one, but the only contact that shows up in the graph was on lap 56 and that one i got a 4x from.

So it´s definitely a ghost hit.

Anyway, are you doing the same race times today aswell? I might join you in the first one and maybe if i feel fresh enough i´ll do the one right after too.

Hampus, i'm sorry for saying you did hit me then mate but hope you can see why i thought you had just by the way my car behaves in that video and taking damage. That reminds me of NetKar and it's dodgy netcode, really diidn't expect that on iRacing.

Regarding races. I'm gonna need to put in some laps for this weekends RD race but don't really wanna go back to the MX-5 now...LOL but i know the racing will be worth it. The times look a little odd to me aswell for the Rileys. No races to 1am?

Hampus, i'm sorry for saying you did hit me then mate but hope you can see why i thought you had just by the way my car behaves in that video and taking damage. That reminds me of NetKar and it's dodgy netcode, really diidn't expect that on iRacing.

Regarding races. I'm gonna need to put in some laps for this weekends RD race but don't really wanna go back to the MX-5 now...LOL but i know the racing will be worth it. The times look a little odd to me aswell for the Rileys. No races to 1am?

Don´t be sorry m8 i think i did hit you but from my side nothing registered or was visual in replay so it must be Iracing´s netcode like you said m8.

I think the collision did happen at the laft turn out of the woods because like i said you rearend just stepped out for no apparent reason :S
It did not look like you broke traction but rather a thump if you will.

Just checked the races and WTF! First they wont let me Qualify during the day and now on the weekend where it´s the most racers online they remove the chance to race? wtf is up with that..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%