GT Sport Gran Turismo Sport Reveal May 19th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Gran Turismo Sport Revealed.jpg

Polyphony Digital have confirmed May 19th they will be streaming brand new Gran Turismo Sport footage from an exclusive UK event, bringing a first look at the new GT title in action since its announcement in late 2015.

The live stream will be taking place via either the Gran Turismo or PlayStation YouTube channel on May 19th at 10:45am PT:

Gran Turismo Official:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GranTurismoOfficial
PlayStation: https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation

The stream will be hosted by a mix of GT and motoring experts providing English commentary on the following activities:
  • 10:45am PT – 11:00am PT: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer.
  • 11:00am PT – 12:30pm PT: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships [not necessarily in order]:
    • The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
    • The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
  • 12:30pm BST – 1:00pm PT: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]
Check out our RaceDepartment Gran Turismo Series forum for latest news and discussion about GT Sport and other Gran Turismo Series games.

Are you looking forward to GT Sport? Will you be purchasing the game on its release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
GT on PC format still think we are dreaming there . Forza's move to the PC was less of big step has they are already on what is basically a Microsoft owned Console & are just simple moving over to the another MS system on the PC format . For Sony to do the same would be a far bigger move & would mean making their PS only series work within their rivals OS , that may be a little to much for Sonys pride handle. & Sony & PD would have to step their game up a lot to bring them up to the standards PC drivers have gotten use to , but I think they understand that the whole GT Series needs a big re-vamp if they hope to remain at the front of racing games in a now very hard fought cross platform market. Still we have to see what PD has done with their first true FIA GT series based sim / or should I say Game . soon we will see at least.

The only thing i miss from the series is the general atmosphere with the Jazzy menu music, the typical sound effects when selecting an option and collecting cars in your garage. Apart from that I can't think of anything else :)

I guess it's all '90's nostalgia.

The PS4 is almost 3 years out there and finally we get a Gran Turismo demo. Really Kaz like :D I was a huge fan from GT1 to GT6 but as I found back to the PC sims my enthusiasm for GT died. Now that I ordered an Servo Wheel the console times are over anyway. Sadly I will miss all the career mode, driving missions and license achievements in GT. They were a huge motivator for me.

The PS4 is almost 3 years out there and finally we get a Gran Turismo demo. Really Kaz like :D I was a huge fan from GT1 to GT6 but as I found back to the PC sims my enthusiasm for GT died. Now that I ordered an Servo Wheel the console times are over anyway. Sadly I will miss all the career mode, driving missions and license achievements in GT. They were a huge motivator for me.
I agree. With +500,000km racing distance I must have been one of the greatest fans of the GT series on PS4 but besides the career content and licence achievements together with the garage collectables I don't miss out on much having set my heart on AC on pc. One thing that GT is more fun at is the engine and car tuning but the vacuüm cleaner sound kills the immersion.

I agree. With +500,000km racing distance I must have been one of the greatest fans of the GT series on PS4 but besides the career content and licence achievements together with the garage collectables I don't miss out on much having set my heart on AC on pc. One thing that GT is more fun at is the engine and car tuning but the vacuüm cleaner sound kills the immersion.

Yeah, sadly AC was the game that made me change every hardware that I have here :D I spent at least 5k on a new PC, Rig, Wheels, Simvibe, 80/20, Sparco seat etc. and now a DD drive wheel is on it´s way. With GT I was happy with my Fanatec GT2, my CSP V1 and my Ikea table and Ikea seat for over 4 years :D

besides the career content and licence achievements together with the garage collectables.

You never tried the online tournaments or downloading the free DLC? IMO, for just paying the $60 up front for the game, they were giving away tonnes of stuff and new events to participate in on a very frequent basis....hands down more than any other sim developer on any platform!

I didn't know this about the sales until I just looked (see below), GT6 had the smallest community but the most advanced online feature set.

Expect a revolution with GT7, not an evolution.

Title Year Released Platform Cars Tracks Sales
Gran Turismo 1997/1998 PlayStation 140 11 10,850,000
Gran Turismo 2 1999 650 27 9,370,000
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 2001 PlayStation 2 181 34 14,890,000
Gran Turismo 4 2004/2005 722 51 11,760,000
Gran Turismo 5 2010 PlayStation 3 1,0861 733 11,940,000
Gran Turismo 6 2013 1,2262 1003 4,710,000
Gran Turismo 7 TBA PlayStation 4 TBA TBA

You never tried the online tournaments or downloading the free DLC? IMO, for just paying the $60 up front for the game, they were giving away tonnes of stuff and new events to participate in on a very frequent basis....hands down more than any other sim developer on any platform!

I didn't know this about the sales until I just looked (see below), GT6 had the smallest community but the most advanced online feature set.

Expect a revolution with GT7, not an evolution.

Title Year Released Platform Cars Tracks Sales
Gran Turismo 1997/1998 PlayStation 140 11 10,850,000
Gran Turismo 2 1999 650 27 9,370,000
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 2001 PlayStation 2 181 34 14,890,000
Gran Turismo 4 2004/2005 722 51 11,760,000
Gran Turismo 5 2010 PlayStation 3 1,0861 733 11,940,000
Gran Turismo 6 2013 1,2262 1003 4,710,000
Gran Turismo 7 TBA PlayStation 4 TBA TBA
I never seem to bother about online racing strangely. And of course I owned all DLC packs, free and payed. Don't get me wrong, Gran Turismo entertained me for over 10 years but somehow pc sim racing and modding of course gives me that higher involvement. But I agree with you that GT7 will rock the PS race world, just hope they got the sounds right this time. Though the Bugatti Veyron fully tuned with race exhaust was highly impressive! !(GT4)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back