1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Gran Turismo 6 update includes free Nissan GTR-LM and Peugeot Vision GT

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Alex Franchini, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Peugeot Vision GT Gran Turismo 6.jpg
    Polyphony Digital has updated Gran Turismo 6 to version 1.19 adding two new cars to the Sony-exclusive title: the Peugeot Vision GT and the Nissan GTR-LM.

The Nissan GTR-LM NISMO is a free gift car that can be unlocked by completing the fourth round of this year's GT Academy.

As usual with the Vision GT cars, this one is a futuristic-looking concept car created by the car manufacturer (Peugeot in this case) exclusively for Gran Turismo. The car is presented as a "hyper efficient endurance car", with almost no aerodynamic elements; it's a rear-engined beast with 874BHP.

The Peugeot Vision GT looks pretty slick, certainly the right car to buy your everyday groceries, and you can watch an introduction trailer right here:

• Like Like x 2
  2. someone get some laps with it around la sarthe. compare to the other lmp1 cars so we can get an idea of what nissan expects their car to do.
  3. My ps3 died an year ago.
    Sometimes, if I try to turn it on a couple of times (more than 15 :p) it starts.

I think GT5 and 6 (didn't play gt3 or 4, just 1 and 2 on ps1) was a major let down, but there are some things I like in the game, one of them are the quality of car models and doing some hot lap. Racing is the problem for me, even on line I rarely found a good bunch of people to race (I can't join a league 'cause it's difficult for me to say I will be on line that day in that time).

But sometimes I want to play it, just to see how this car (and the lmp2) feels. Maybe I will try to turn my ps3 on this night.
  4. If a Gran Turismo update falls in a forest, and no one is around to see it, does anyone care?:roflmao:

If you haven't seen it, have a gander at the new SRT Tomahawk lapping Laguna Seca in a very, very sloppy lap in under 1 minute. I remember when the modding/hacking craze was in full swing and people were apoplectic when 2000-3000 hp cars first appeared and now they accept the same completely ridiculous type of car because it's a "VGT". Most of the sim racing world is moving towards simulation, while PD moves ever closer to Wipeout territory:laugh:
    • Agree Agree x 1