GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

It's nothing to do with pride. It's simple marketing.

On PS3 the GT series has almost no real competition as a simulator. On consoles in general, it has just one rival series which is on different console. On PC it would be up against proper simulations which are better in numerous ways than anything seen on console... take a look at the sims supported by RD for examples. It therefore doesn't make sense to lose exclusivity in exchange for marginal extra profit.

Sony will have made far more money from people buying PS3s solely to play GT5 than they would have done from selling the game alone to a few PC owners. That's marketing.

my wishlist :
-better braking physics
-no tyres magically smoking when oversteering
-less road cars and much more race cars ( there are a lot on used car dealership but they are standard cars)
-a realcareer mode like e.g. f1 2010 ( e.g. w the super gt 500 cars )
-more , much more real life tracks ...
the ability to have same rear and front wing number withouthaving oversteer in a straight line
- real online grand prix

Full wheel calibration without the need of a Fanatec wheel. Has it been added to GT 5 yet?. I don't have GT 5 anymore so i haven't been keeping up with what's going on. And pretty much what you all here want to see in GT6 is what i like to see as well.

Full wheel calibration without the need of a Fanatec wheel. Has it been added to GT 5 yet?

Changing the button assignments on the G25/G27 and other wheels was added some time ago. 'Full calibration', by which I assume you mean axis adjustments and other features seen in practically all PC simulators is still missing. It is not available for the Fanatec either, to my knowledge.

Proper wheel calibration is part of my wish list above.

Something noone has said yet which i think is the most important (other than the fail braking and clutch physics)
SOUND
We want the cars to sound real, they could have made them sound better by recording them with a Nokia 5860 to be honest and sound is what half the forza people say is why they prefer forza to gt5.
Only the V10 engines sound real which is weird but also they need to fix the way that the racing transmission sounds... maybe its a correct sound but its like they recorded from inside the gears themselves and added the audio file on top.

I agree that sound is not GT5's strong point and could definitely do with improvement for the next installment. Half of the engines just sound generic and flat. This issue is compounded by the fact that upgrade parts that change the engine note do so in a generic way, making the majority of cars sound even worse.

... they need to fix the way that the racing transmission sounds...
They don't need to fix it, they just need to turn it down a little. That could be done with a GT5 patch. Racing transmissions do whine loudly... watch touring cars or GTs on TV and wait for a cockpit cam.

They don't need to fix it, they just need to turn it down a little. That could be done with a GT5 patch. Racing transmissions do whine loudly... watch touring cars or GTs on TV and wait for a cockpit cam.
Ive watched a few cockpit cam videos and its a lot different to how it is in GT5 i think, in them you can hear the engine noise and wind noise like 60% louder than it atleast whereas in GT5 the engine noise is like 60% quieter than the gearbox, in most of the times ive seen onboard videos of cars with straight cut racing transmissions the most you can hear it is when the driver is off the throttle during braking and in the videos where ive heard the transmission the loudest its just about equal with everything else still.

It's not just '60% quieter' across the board in GT5. It varies between cars, just like it does in real life. Sometimes the engine almost drowns out the transmission whine, other times its the other way around. Check out YT if you're struggling for real world examples of this variance.

As I said above, it could do with being turned down slightly, but it should not be just another generic affect which applies to all cars in the same way. That means it needs to be louder than the engine in some cases, and not in others. The GT series are supposed to be simulators based on reality, not arcade racers based on an 'artists impression' of motor racing.

Sums up public lobbies at the moment...

Sums up public lobbies across the board. GT6 won't be able to change that. Nothing any developer can do will make public races any good because they can only manipulate game code, not people's attitudes. You always need to find a close group of friends or a rule-driven community, regardless of the game.

Have mechanic skill that increases your car setup performance dictated by your online results.
So the better you do during races the better car setup you will have on the next race due to your garage skill.
With a huge learning curve that can take 20000 hours to max out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back