GT6 Gran Turismo 6 - Leagues?

Hey there,

Has anyone thought of any possible leagues that could be a possibility for GT6?

Maybe something like the FIA World Endurance Championship? DTM?

Obviously, not many people know how much customization you can do to the cars in GT6. If GT5 is anything to go off of, then I guess there will only be a few cars that you can make look like actual touring cars.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions would be on some competitive, friendly leagues.

I'd be more than happy to run a touring car league for GT6 as I think it's one of, if not the best simulation games out there.

Thanks,
Ryan

As many of you will remember, I'm a pretty poor racer *chuckles* but I'll be grabbing GT6 to see if I can improve. I might even join in some league play, if you have one for low ability drivers.

I'm still rubbish on GT5 though, so there's not much hope. I just can't get to grips with the tuning aspect, I think I'm too old to understand it :D

I'd love them to add a career mode like we have on rFactor or Race On, with a full race weekend experience, qualifying, proper points and league standings over the year against the AI, but there's no way we'll get it. They'll probably just give us the same, lame old 'unlock new cars and races' thing that GT5 (and Forza) has, which bores me as it is not 'immersive' in the slightest.

NASCAR 2011 has a semi-decent season career, so I don't see why a huge title like GT6 couldn't do it. I live in hope :thumbsup:

(RD_Rabin on PS3, in case anyone forgot)

I might even join in some league play, if you have one for low ability drivers.

Our league and club races are open to all abilites of drivers, I organsied a Super GT league here on RD through the five race league I didn't win a single point and I was given out points to the top six! However it never put me off from racing :)

A nascar league is something I was looking at and I still will be when GT6 comes out

I'm not sure that variety will be an issue when organizing league racing when GT6 comes out Dec. 6th (supposedly). Anyhoo, I just plopped down my $70 for the pro-order, so I'm in! Incidentally, the dude at the game shop said something to the effect, "...yeah dude, you get like millions of credits and like 5 cars with the pre-order." I said, "ok, are those cars exclusive to pre-orders or are they going to be sold in game for credits as well." His retort, a blank deer in headlights stare. To took my change and receipt and walked out.

depends which version you pre-ordered.. there are two verisons firstly the standard edition which you will receieve 5 cars from one of the 4 "promo" packs or 1 million credits (all depends on the retalier). Secondaly there is the "limited edtion" where you will recieve 20 cars which all have a performance boost :) and 1 million in game credits aswell as free paint chips along with some free racing gear

Clio racing sounds fun :thumbsup:

I don't tend to enjoy racing high performance cars, I just don't have the skill or reactions for them. Clios, Minis, Fiat 500 Abarth, occasional 911 (Forza leagues I raced in) - those are about the limit of my skill ... hehe.

Hey guys.

What would make for good, competitive racing is a fixed car class like Porsche Cup GT3 or something. Certainly a problem in some cars is the performance difference and thus everyone ends up driving certain cars. A Porsche Cup GT3 spec would be a lot of fun, maybe mixed with some LMP1 prototypes. Id enjoy that kind of league.

Hello Twister, welcome to the GranTurismo fourms.

As you mentioned the performance difference between certain cars is a big issue, if we were going to create a porsche cup with a GT3 spec we would need a porsche which would have to be easily available to buy which might not be that easy.

Hello Twister, welcome to the GranTurismo fourms.

As you mentioned the performance difference between certain cars is a big issue, if we were going to create a porsche cup with a GT3 spec we would need a porsche which would have to be easily available to buy which might not be that easy.
Thank you very much!

Im actually converting from Xbox (Forza) to GT...even getting a PS3 for GT6 and Project Cars. If you guys start a league, and I have a PS3...I will race. I race almost every day on the Xbox. Race Pro or Forza...but really loved the physics on the GT6 demo...and the fact i can use a pc wheel is awesome!

Time to weigh in on the league argument... Again! :D

I think a single make series would be the best way to go. With things like the GT300 and the GT3 cars there is always one car that sits up shoves it's ass in the others cars faces and says I'm the best (GT300 Impreza, GT300 Gariaya (I think that's how it's spelt).

So naturally people will choose it.

With a one make series it will remove the performance variances that the cars have.

But in everything I've said I could be completely wrong. If that's the case I'll go hide under a rock for a while :D

Ive
Hey there,

Has anyone thought of any possible leagues that could be a possibility for GT6?

Maybe something like the FIA World Endurance Championship? DTM?

Obviously, not many people know how much customization you can do to the cars in GT6. If GT5 is anything to go off of, then I guess there will only be a few cars that you can make look like actual touring cars.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions would be on some competitive, friendly leagues.

I'd be more than happy to run a touring car league for GT6 as I think it's one of, if not the best simulation games out there.

Thanks,
Ryan
Myself and former F1 2013 League Racer, @Joe Lancaster have been talking and have decided that we want to set up a league of some sort on GT6. Our interests are to make a good racing environment that is fun too. We believe that the good cars on the game to do it with will be the Renault Sport Megane Trophy '11s, which won't be too slow or too fast and will deliver good racing. Also the GT3 field such as the Mercedes AMG GT3 SLS.

We are yet to decide on the race format, but I would imagine that a similar format to the GP2 Series, with a Feature Race and Sprint Race (reverse grid).

Here is a list of tracks that we are planning to use:
Spa-Francorchamps
Cote d' Azur
Silverstone
Monza
Bathurst
Fuji Speedway
Suzuka
Nurburgring GP.

Please let me know what you think

I would like a league in Abarth 500 or Alfa Romeo 147. They are cheap to buy and a great way to start it slow for our first league. Five event championship with two race format.

I did it on some other forum and people loved it. The Fiat 500 was tuned to 216bhp with 900kg and people were surprised how well it handled. Setup changes made a difference and PD made a really good job with this car.

I would like a league in Abarth 500 or Alfa Romeo 147. They are cheap to buy and a great way to start it slow for our first league. Five event championship with two race format.

I did it on some other forum and people loved it. The Fiat 500 was tuned to 216bhp with 900kg and people were surprised how well it handled. Setup changes made a difference and PD made a really good job with this car.
maybe this could be interwined with my idea and have a sort of F1 and GP2 format over the season. Less experienced racers in the Abarth/Alfa series and more experienced in the Renaults?

So I have had an idea for a Championship that we could run for the Gran Turismo 6 game on PS4.

As I have not picked up my copy of GT6 for PS3, I'm unsure how many people can be in one lobby, so things may change depending on lobby numbers.

Obviously these are all prototype ideas if you will and things can be changed/added when I get suggestions/feedback in this idea.

-Ryan

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back