1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Gran Turismo 6 - Leagues?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Ryan Mark Smith, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Hey there,

Has anyone thought of any possible leagues that could be a possibility for GT6?

Maybe something like the FIA World Endurance Championship? DTM?

Obviously, not many people know how much customization you can do to the cars in GT6. If GT5 is anything to go off of, then I guess there will only be a few cars that you can make look like actual touring cars.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions would be on some competitive, friendly leagues.

I'd be more than happy to run a touring car league for GT6 as I think it's one of, if not the best simulation games out there.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

I guess it would probably depend on the cars that come bundled with the game, although I've heard they've included everything from GT5 plus more. I'd be up for racing in this league.

3. Yeah, I would only use the cars that come with the game. I'd use the tracks that came with the game too.

I reckon we could get some very good competitive, clean and fair racing.

4. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

Hi there ryan,

I think that a league will definatly be interesting, with the online abilites being easier to organise leagues and events, but before discussing leagues it would be interesting to see how many people on RD have pre ordered GT6.

5. Hey Stuart,

Good idea. However I wont be looking to start this league until Janurary/February time to give people a chance of getting to grips with the new game,

6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Inbetween that time, some social races aswell would go down a treat aswell. Gives people a chance to get to know each other on the track aswell as off it and show off their driving skills :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh. I've pre ordered already :D

I'm like a hyper active child around either their birthday or Christmas already about it. Just thinking on it, I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while when I do actually get it, if I'm like this just waiting for it's release :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

I have Pre ordered.

Super GT league would be cool also.

9. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

That's an orginal thought.. I had that in the GT5 forum.. arranged a GT500 league everyone I had 15+ people sigining up for it but I only 4 people actually race

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. How about we wait and see what cars are actually going to be in the final release and go from there. It just makes sense to me to do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Me and my mates online have really good racing with the Renault Clio V6s and its lots of fun, could do like a Clio Cup thing if people are interested, but I wouldn't be able to join until i got the game which would be probably xmas

12. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

There probably wont be a league till after xmas.. gives everyone a chance to get some credits and cars

• Like Like x 1
  13. What about a GT3 league... I'm abit sick to death of the GT500's myself on GT5 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

GT3 are cracking cars to race, however the selection of cars is very poor.. with gt500 you have a greater range of cars. However GT6 will expand the GT3 range and if so there is a cracking league just waiting to happen :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SLS AMG GT3? is that a GT3 car? Audi R8 GT3 i think ive seen?

16. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Super GT300.. has there were no dedicated GT3 cars in GT5. GT300 was abbrivated to GT3

17. remind me what GT300 means?

18. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

GT300 is a lesser powered class to the super GT500..

19. ahhh...... thanks....... im much wiser now....

20. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

No problem Andrew. glad to help :)

• Like Like x 1