GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I guess that every PS owner had played one of the Gran Turismo games before...

To me personally, I got in touch with the GT series on the good old PS1 with Gran Turismo 2. I've played litteraly for over hundreds of hours of the game and I couldn't get enough ! After that, I got myself a PS2, together with GT3... There I've also spend many many hours. But never got to the full 100% (not in any GT game). It's just a very fun game to play.
After GT3 there was long time no GT for me, but then GT4 came !!! Man was that a game ... Graphics are really good (for PS2 standards).

Lately I've got myself a PS3 and I've immediatly downloaded the GT5 demo on the PlayStation Network ! and I couldn't believe my eyes !! Soo good looking :laughing: I'm currently somwhet of 30th on a ranking of the Mitsubishi Lancer Time Trial, so I'm happy with that :happy:

Only downside on the GT series is that there is no damage :frustrating: But if everything goes well, the full version GT5 will have a damage model for each car !!! So I can't wait !

• Gary Brain

Graphically Prologue looks amazing as it should on the PS3, however, the online racing sucks big time.. You cannot pick and choose who you race with and the cars are constantly lagging and jumping all over the place. Also the time penalties given out do not work properly if someone runs into you and you get knocked off the track you end up getting a short cut penalty! Pretty disappointed.

Damage model for GT5 Prologue on it's way

Later this year, Polyphony will release a major update for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. This update, which will be free to download on PSN, will contain the long expected damage model for all the cars. Because of this update, the full version GT5 game is delayed until at least Christmas 2009. There are still no (REAL) screenshots available which show the intensity of the damage.

This news was confirmed by Lead Designer Kazunori Yamauchi at IGN.

GTbyCitroen -Gran Turismo 5

GTbyCitroen is a virtual car for Gran Turismo 5 PS3.

The i deer game from Takumi Yamamoto ,he made contact with Gilles Vidal
Advanced Design Manager for Citroen,he likes the i deer to design a virtual car.

In co-operation with Poly-Phony-Digital (Gran Turismo series) it game to "Live".

The car is launched as a part of GT-Prologue Spec III bundle by PS3,it's also a free download for Prologue if you are a registered user.

Story taken from Dutch Top Gear Magazine.

OK some pictures: GT by Citroen-003.jpg

GT by Citroen-004.jpg

GTbyCitroen-005.jpg
GTbyCitroen-006.jpg

GT by Citroen-007.jpg
GT by Citroen-008.jpg

Hans
ps maybe thee will build it fore Real??

sweet, the delay for full on gt5 gives me more time to study!
Seriously once the real deal comes out I'm buying a ps3 and a wheel, and I just might have to drop out of school for a semester :) GT5p has me dreaming already!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%