GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Car Setups

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can voice your requests for setups. RaceDepartment will of course provide the community with a wide variety of high quality setups for Gran Turismo 5.

Setups for sim racers by sim racers :thumb:

I was asked for my setup for the club race, so here it is. Remember that the event restrictions were 207bhp and 1100kg. Numbers are 'front' on the left and 'rear' on the right, where applicable.

Transmission: 124mph

Ride Height: -10 / -10

Spring Rate: 7.0 / 5.2

Dampers (Ext): 7 / 7

Dampers (Comp): 6 / 6

Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 3

Camber Angle: 1.5 / 0.8

Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.15

Brakes: 4 / 5

Hi!
I'm preparing for a race on the following tracks: Deep Forest (20 laps), Trial Mountain (21 laps) and Grand Valley East (22 laps).
I already have a setup but it seems a bit slow, so i'm asking you to improve it if you can.
Car: BMW M3 Coupe '07
PP max: 522
Weight: 1342 kg
HP: 435 BHP
Tires: Racing Soft
GT Auto: Oil
Stage 3 Weight Red
Window Weight Red
Carbon Bonnet
Racing Air Filter
Aero: 0/15
Vmax: 270 km/h
LSD: 5/45/10
Susp: -15 -15 ... 8.2 10.1 ... 5 5 ... 5 5 ... 4 4 ... Camber: 1.0 0.5 ... Toe: 0 0
Brake: 6/2
Lap times:
Deep Forest - 1:15.058
Trial Mountain - 1:26.168 - target time: 1:25.1
Grand Valley East - 1:04.718

I need to complete the races without changing tires (i can but than i lose), so reckless driving is prohibited, no drifting here :)

i have the peugeot. i know it hasnt got the best top speed but its still very good it maxed 245 but its very quick round corners and good handling perhaps you have bad tires on or if you had brought it second hand maybe an engine rebuild.

to begin with make the rear hight -6 front -10 rear to bring the nose up
suspen,stiffness + 4 on front default back,so as you excel your suspen has some give to avoid spinning wheels.
then 8,8
lsd 12,32,24
breaks 6 6

just remember this
to increase understear increase initial lower accel increase brake,
same works in reverse..

everything they tell you is backwards in the game, and never set a car up offline as it will be different when you go online

Anyone have any insight into the belief that the left side of the suspension tuning screen is backwards? ie: front = back, and back = front?

Guys over at GTPlanet are starting to test that stuff out, which may explain the max front ride height 'bug' for NASCARs.

Toe and Camber seem fine...

I haven't done any testing, but I did wonder about the default settings for some cars. They appeared backwards. Having said that there are just as many that seem fine. I'll wait and see what their testing reveals though, as I'm not that interested in testing it myself. :wink:

This is a real problem at the moment, it's taking twice as long to find a good setup for a car at the moment because nobody really knows for certain whether there is a coding issue that swaps values for front and rear settings, or, if they aren't swapped whether the negative or positive values should be swapped.

Its a real pain!

From experience with the cars I have tuned so far, it only seems to a problem with the ride height of the car, not with the suspension settings or ARB. For a RWD car generally you have lower the back and increase the front which doesn't really make sense in real life.

Hey ho I might be wrong but this is what I found so far.

I think you need to be a little more specific, as there isn't really a specific setup that works for all cars on all tracks. The tweaks to perform depend on the situation, such as whether your car in understeering or oversteering. (And no, I'm not an expert in tuning cars!)

A handy resource is contained in GT5 itself. When you select a part to tweak in the setup menu, you should see a yellow button with a question mark on it. If you click that button it will open a dialog that explains what the part is, what it does, and what affect you can expect from adjusting it. It wont give specific values, but it can help give you an idea of what to try.

Me and Dubravko did a little bit of testing on this a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post about it. :redface: I tried out a bunch of RWD cars and, if memory serves, Dub was trying FWD for the most part.

Our conclusion was that the ride height adjustment is indeed reversed. Visually the car looks correct, with the front/rear as you would expect based on your settings. However, the physics feel all wrong. With the front high and the rear low you would expect major understeer, yet I was getting major oversteer instead. With the front low and the rear high you would expect oversteer, yet I was getting major understeer. As Chris said above, the other suspension settings appear to be fine and work as expected.

If it's the same for every car in the game, then I suppose you can still make ride height adjustments part of your setup. It might look a bit odd if you're driving around with your nose in the air or arse scraping the ground though! Personally, until this is fixed my ride height adjustments will be limited to lowering both front and back by the same amount, just to lower the centre of gravity. Fingers crossed it will be in patch 1.11.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back