GT5 Gran Turismo 5 2.08 Now Available

Polyphony Digital released the Gran Turismo 5 update 2.08 through PSN today. It is available upon launching the game while connected to PSN at a size of 227MB. It includes a number of bug fixes and features aimed at steering wheel users.

gt52084.jpg

The main contents of the update are as follows:
  • It is now possible to select “Disable Collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
  • ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
  • The response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS" and "TH8RS” have been adjusted.
  • The rate of tire wear in endurance races has been reduced. (Excluding formula cars.)
  • The strength of air resistance when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
  • The autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
  • Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
Several well known issues have been fixed as well:
  • Fixed an issue where experience points and rewards were not awarded when racing online on the Twin Ring Motegi.
  • Fixed an issue where the tires would change when resuming a suspended endurance race.
  • Fixed an issue where when switching from a setting sheet with dirt/snow tires to a sheet with normal tires, the dirt/snow tires settings remain displayed.
  • Reduced an issue where the vehicle would jump violently when going over angled bumps on road surfaces or sharp cornerstones.
  • Fixed an issue with the Twin Ring Motegi Course name not displayed correctly when searching in the Open Lobby.
  • It is now easier to hear your own car when driving with other cars in online races, etc.
[gallery]

The recently announced DLC will also hit your local PSN store or has been made available already as well, depending on your region. It includes 3 new cars (Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12, Subaru BRZ S ’12 & Honda HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11) at 0.99$ / 0.99€ each.

For more on Gran Turismo 5 visit our popular forum with the latest discussions, custom club and league races, setups and more.

[source: gran-turismo.com]
View the Post on the Blog

I don't care what anybody says or if they knock down consoles. The PS3 is still a beast of a console with it's current tech and it comes down to that beast of a cell processor. We've seen how developers who truly know how to develop for the PS3 can do magic with it..

With that in mind, I will say I do think GT5 is the best console simulator good money can buy, and I do play it regularily and I think of it way less of a simcade. The feel with a G25 and how the car handles and gets loose is very realistic for the Mustang GT which I own. I can be a true testimonial provider in that one car.

Only thing I wish for is the calibrating of your wheel to set it for up to 900 degrees. Other then that none of us can deny that GT5 and Prologue set the next gen graphics on it's way. Now AC and Pcars will take over that spot until the PS4 comes out. If they can do graphics like this on the PS3, I can't imagine what we will see from the real man/and race car driver himself KAZ..

The only thing I miss is the Formula Polyphony series. Yes, it's still there but let's be frank: it's way too easy. Back in GT4 a proper setup was needed, let alone tyre management and pit strategy.

Other than that GT5 is pretty much perfect. Apart from the fact I'd still need to grind the last car missing in my garage. :p

The only thing I miss is the Formula Polyphony series. Yes, it's still there but let's be frank: it's way too easy. Back in GT4 a proper setup was needed, let alone tyre management and pit strategy.

Other than that GT5 is pretty much perfect. Apart from the fact I'd still need to grind the last car missing in my garage. :p
Ya I won't argue with you there on those points.

I think we'll see a different GT6 whether it be on the PS3 or next gen.

There are many changes I myself would love to see. I agree with the poster on the bottom about the horrific engine sounds. Cmon Polyphony.

Yes some of the cars were dyno tested, but not a lot.

Talking about GT4 is hard for me.. I just cannot digress back to those pixelated graphics. I get PC bashers saying rF2 looks like crap compared to GT5. So sad that people really do put graphics first, but then again, hardware is ever improving and one would expect GT5 graphics as the norm.

Well we got 2 examples now of what a PC can really do with AC and Pcars. Unfortunately a major portion of the world still do NOT understand what the word Simulation means. And from where I sit looking at a beta (rf2 which now is slated as going gold longer then one may think), I still know that the overall package will be amazing when done.

And when it comes to a sim pushing my beast rig to submission like rF2 does, You see a powerhouse of Physics algorithms being heaped upon each other. rF2 uses more of my rig then Pcars could even hope to at this point in time. Physics always comes first to me.

All in all though, GT5 is still a big bang for your console buck and I still have a lot of fun with it and find it hard to believe that a console can do what I see. Yes I love graphics, but Graphics don't always equal fun..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back