rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Barcelona 2010 - Sun October 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ondrej, you were a lap down, go off track and then return with the front wing broken and start to fight with me in the last corners off the last lap, with Nigel very close to me, that’s not a correct behavior.

I dont recognize what are you saying... maybe only really last lap, but it was my last lap and all of you have already finished (XD said that), no blue flag (another reason), so I moved just to my line....

or dont you thing another person? because despite of this, where I still think I was in rights, I didnt disturb anybodys race

I dont recognize what are you saying... maybe only really last lap, but it was my last lap and all of you have already finished (XD said that), no blue flag (another reason), so I moved just to my line....

or dont you thing another person? because despite of this, where I still think I was in rights, I didnt disturb anybodys race

Ok, no problem, everything finish well.

After all very good and fun races, I was 8th in the last minute of the race, when suddenly I was back to RF main menu, really don’t understand why.

In second one I have very good and fair fights with a 10th place in the finish.

Thanks RD and all who join.

Congratulations to the podium. Happy with the level of respect that I saw on the track again.
I lost my front wing and quit twice in the first race. In the second rank well, I made a quiet first round, then I could locate 6th. A pair of errors led me to the 8th position. Spent very quickly the rear tires.

Thanks and regards.

Great fun tonight. This mod is very nice.

Q1: Decent lap to take P7 about 1 second behind 6th.

R1: Made a good start, got past a couple of people but looked at the wrong marker board and overshot the first corner. Took Dragos with me for a bit (sorry) but he was able to rejoin before I could. I dropped to 14th and had to fight me way back up the field. Had a nice little battle with Harald and Leandro for several laps. Managed to pull away from them and took 5th as others went off.

Q2: Smashed my PB to take 6th on the grid.

R2: Made a good start and was past a couple of people before turn 1. Was alongside Martin but I don't think he saw me so i had to go over the curb. Around turn 2 I had to avoid Lee who was running wide. Was running 5th until Florian caught and passed me but then Lee made a mistake in the chicane and I was up to 5th again. Final few laps I was defending from Lee until the last lap when he ran into the back of me. Had a bit of a slide but managed to hold onto the car to finish 5th.

Thanks to Ivo, Brian, RD, and all those who raced :)

Unfortunately both races ruined for me. In R1 a pile-up happened just close enough in front of my car that I wasn't able to avoid it. Lost front wing, then hit the speed limiter too late, drive through. Ended up collecting positions after others crashed; managed to catch up with Bri only to spin out, lose the nose againg and give him the position back :). Man, without the front wing it sure gained some top speed. It was harder to slow it down as well, one lap like that was more than enough.

In R2 Vale somehow managed not to see my bright yellow car braking on the horizon in clouds of smoke and I ended up riding on the grass rather than on the tarmac during the formation lap (I won't hold a grudge, considering how many awesome moments we had together :)). Over 50 s lost total for putting the wing on and exiting the pit lane. Boring race, collected couple of places in a manner similar to R1, woke up on the last couple of laps and set my own fastest lap of the race on the penultimate one. Reduced the gap to Brian hugely, but it wasn't enough to catch up with him.

Another downside was some of the racers' behaviour during Q. I know I was miles behind the fastest guys, but when I'm on my "fast" lap (means: clocked one) I expect the guy behind me to respect that and NOT try to overtake me squeezing me out of the corner in one of the tighter corners. In practice I tend to let the faster guy through, In race I make room for lapping car ASAP (although when someone reduces the gap to 0 on a tight chicane unfortunately he will have to wait couple of seconds till I clear it and make room for him right after exiting the chicane, especially in such fast, fragile cars, where there is no room for trading paint). Not pointing fingers, just saying what's on my mind, honestly hoping to be corrected if I'm wrong in my ways.

Generally about the event - defo NOT my type of racing (which I realized as a little kid already), though might give it another try to experience non-crashed race and have a full image :).

Evening full of fun.
Q1- quite good time but near 1,5 sec. worse than PB. Enough to start from P11:).
R1- poore start like always for me, I was trying to avoid crowd and crash and luckly did in T1. In T3 or T4, Someone in the red car span just in front of me and I had to stick to the car on the right , hopfully we didn'crash and drove farther. All race trying to catch up with Sergio and during the wholwe race I've managed to minmize the gap from over 4 sec. to 1. And then two laps before finish Sergio went very wide and dissapear... I thought he hit "esc" button after mistake, cause he didn't want to hit the barrier and do the mess for me and others, Know i know he had problems with his rf. Shame, because I was looking for fun in the last corners of the race. Finished on P8.
Q2-bad times P14.
R2 Good start gaining fiew poasitions and had a bit of fun with Sergio, I was driving in a group of 4-5 cars somewhere 10-12 place, and in the 3rd sector on the 4th lap somebody in the white Car ( I don't want to point finger who was it, cause he crashed later and didn't finished the race) tapped me and I span, lost front wing...pit. So was trying to finish... shame because after my rejoining the race I was in the same group and was able to stick to the guys. Finished on P13, or 14. I'm not an openwheel type of driver, but this cars, aspecialy in such big grid gives so much fun...
Thx Iv & RD fo organizing this event & Brian for Your advertising:wink:.

Just incredible how good this mod feels when you hook it up.

Race 1, I screwed up quali, started whay down. Was ok apart from the sudden pretty much stop at the chicane on the format lap? Had a good start had to avoid the guy ahead of me and I think in doing so i tagged Dan Long? If so apologies. tried to make up ground but got too hot on cold brakes into turn 9? Hit someone apologies for that. This put me at the back. Tried to make up ground and failed span a couple times and lost a rear wings and a wheel in the end.

Race 2 was miles better. Got a good run in qualifying to start 8th. Had a good start made up a few places was ahead of Adam. He tried a move down into turn 9 but I managed to get back past. Managed to pull away untill I span at the chicane just too much throttle. Now started chasing down Adam. Kept trying moves down the straights (was quicker) but couldnt brake as well as he could. Tried a move into turn 5 however I had a game freeze, this put be 4 seconds back. Pushed to the limit and caught Adam up but out of sheer frustration i geus just broke late (I would of made corner but I knew Adam broke early there deep down). Hit him - Sorry for that. Finished 6th??

Thanks to Ivo for this event, its hard to say which mod I prefer more Fsone or these :p. Thanks also to Brian for his advertising - Have you thought about a job in PR? :p. Thanks guys was a good race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back