rF2 GP2 Series 2010 @ Abu Dhabi 2010 - Sun January 2nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Interesting night to say the least.

Quali: Was absolutely useless, over a second off my PB and was down in 5th.

Race 1: Slow start but held 5th into turn 1. Got overtaken at the hairpin as I slowed to avoid Ben and Andreas' little battle. After Andreas went off a few laps later I was in third tucked up behind Ben with Chris and Giorgios just behind. Had a long scrap but eventually got past Ben as he ran wide and Chris followed me through. Then had a good scrap with Chris but eventually lost out and came third.

Race 2: Reverse grid so I was 5th again. Made a better start and watched as Ben and Giorgios collided with each other. I managed to avoid the incident and found myself up to third. At the hairpin though, Ferry and Chris both got past so I just followed them around for the rest of the lap as we closed in on Lee and Sami who both span at the end of the lap. Found myself in third again and had a good battle with Lee for several laps, also having to avoid Chris' spinning car at one point. Squeezed down the inside of Lee at turn 10 but he disappeared from behind me. Sami chased me down but locked up going into the same corner and spun in front of me. THat left me with an easy second place behind a very fast moving Ferry.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Very nice night it was fore me. My pace was much better then i expected compared to the others. So the quali and also races werent difficult. I won both, but most imprtant fore me it was my first race in the GP2 car wich i did were i was verry happy with the setup. The car felt realy good and i realy made a step forward this day on understanding the carsetup on these GP2 cars.

first race i started from pole with Chris behind me who did try a few atempts to overtake on the first lap but then he made a mistake i think. After that i did push the whole 20 mins and on the and with 40 sec advantage at the number two behind me. All laps i did were in 5 tenths from eachother so thats great i think with these difficult type of car handling.

Second race whe did a reversed grid start and to be honest that was realy nice fore me the first 2 laps because i was faster thats what i knew. But my topspeed wasnt great so overtaking wasnt that easy. but after 2 laps i was again on P1. then i did 4 laps and made a drive trough to push my self more to do fast laps. Adam did come right behind me when i did my drive trough. But it never came to a fight unfortanly.

After all a very nice track and i realy hope whe can do much more races with these kinda cars. And next time i also hope that whe get more drivers on track.

It was good fun again but this time i couldnt get car stable so i was having hard time in both races just to not lose control some corners
Race1: qualifying i was taking easy untill saw that i have time for just 1 lap witch i spun so last spot in grid
(sorry for not remembering names since i didnt really look at them)
made few mistakes witch almost ended up into nasty crashes but lucky me no harm was done andi was having great fights trough all race untill someone spun and i almost managed to evade car coming across the track but even small contact made my suspension go pretty bad so after many mistakes i decided to wait for next race
This one was great cause i got pole with Lee on my side who clearly had better idea about starts and just ''owned'' me into first corner then i was hanging with him looking to make overtake next straight when he ran very wide and for no reason i followed him so we both made pretty cool drift trough track it must have looked awesome from other cars but anyway after that i was last and tried to fight for second place (sorry lee for hitting you in back into that 3 apex chicane) i just didnt pay attention to your speed and then it was too late allready
after that i took myself outta action and decided that i had enough crashes for 1 night

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 338 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%