rF2 GP2 @ Monaco - Sunday - 11th December 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1: Thought I had pole (4 tenths to Martin Bulgin) but Chris pipped me by 6 thousandths after the session ended. Absolutely gutted. Well done mate.
R1: Great start from 2nd and I overtook Chris at Ste Devote, although in my mirrors I saw him go into the runoff, not sure what happened to him. Had a great fight with Mark Johnston over the following laps although he seemed to have taken a liking to ramming me into Ste Devote, it was all I could do to keep the car under control after that, with the rear end being even more feisty than normal. He probably indirectly caused my retirement, where my rear brakes seemed to lock and I went rear-first into the barrier at Ste Devote. To add insult to injury, Mark promptly hit me nose-to-nose and I went over the barrier. He probably went on to win.
Not sure how my rear brakes locked, with a bias of 58:42 F:R they haven't locked up all evening.
Really disappointed with that, if it wasn't for Johnston I would have won by far.
Finally I've had a DNF which wasn't my fault, really nice to know.
Can't believe it. There is one line into Ste Devote, and you can only overtake if you are alongside, as Lewis Ramilton found out earlier this year with Maldonado. Ramming their backside does not help. My case with Chris was different as I was actually alongside and I had the inside of the corner.
EDIT: watching the replay it looks like me and Chris banged wheels. Sorry about that.
As for Johnston, I counted 3 separate hits before my DNF (2 at Ste Devote, one on the exit of Rascasse). One ram as a mistake - fine. But 3?! Surely after all those laps he would have gotten used to my braking point for Ste Devote, alas, no.
Left after that and didn't bother with Q2/R2 - I refuse to be on the same track as him.

My avatar's facial expression says it all really.
I could have used the time to prepare for my German speaking assessment tomorrow, but I decided that because this is RD a race at Monaco would be great fun. Obviously not.

Had a hard time controlling the car in race1. But in the end of qual 2, mom wouldnt let me race more and took my laptop..

Thanks to Lee and RD for the race.

I won race 1 :D after a great battle with Adam for the lead after I inherited first place from the leader who's name escapes me, I had a great start in race 2 and got in front of Adam again but then I discoed, great fun this mod.

this time is good a lot of drivers here in Monaco, could be nice girls that take a sun?:) noooo we are here because love this track HAHAHAHAHAH.:D.
Nice race 1 with some battles and as usually (GRRRRRR) lost connections in race 2 . Happen that i lost connections but only from server and I dont understand if is my game or PC or server or......

Congratulations all finisher

Thanks Lee and RD for event

Serves him right imo. after a few laps he would have worked out that I wasn't going to go down without a proper fight.

Kyle Stop it if you have an issue PM me with an incident video don't start petty fights in the forum....

this time is good a lot of drivers here in Monaco, could be nice girls that take a sun?:) noooo we are here because love this track HAHAHAHAHAH.:D.
Nice race 1 with some battles and as usually (GRRRRRR) lost connections in race 2 . Happen that i lost connections but only from server and I dont understand if is my game or PC or server or......

Congratulations all finisher

Thanks Lee and RD for event
Was the server Valerio :)

That was fun :)

Race 1 had a good start made up two places. Set about settling into a groove but then binned it :(.

Race 2 had another good start from 3rd, had to lift off to avoid Adam and Limus. Chris rocketed tho lol.... Found myself in secound behind him, early laps I could jsut about hold onto him, doing 20's but then he pulled away, I had a spin lost 10 secs. Chris then lost his front wing which gave me the lead and the win :). Was good fun :), Chris's 19.7 was just incredible....

You are all lucky tonight.
if i wasn t completly drunk i would of laped you 10times at least:D
The races were very hard for once, i really enjoyed them apart from the last 10mn of R2, i was fooling a sleep and only enjoyed racing tonight cos Monaco is the best for me. Considering my state, im very happy to not have spun or crash and to have finish the races and didn t care to win or not, just wanted to have fun in Monaco, so thx very much Lee, to bring this track tonight and very scary moments for me in R2 at the start with u guys:eek: , i just closed my eyes and lifted, imo very clean racing from you guys, thx for a great challenges;)

Still not a big fan of these cars and struggled a lot in practice.

Q1: Set a PB to take 7th. :)

R1: Made an OK start and gained a place. I saw a few cars get close into turn 1 and saw Chris go off. I sat in behind Martin as we were all in a big queue behind the leader. Lee went off just before the Rascasse which promoted Martin and myself but left a bit of a gap between us 2 and the front 2. We started closing in and then saw Kyle in the wall at St. Devote. Around the halfway stage, Martin managed to find a turn of speed and opened up a bit of a gap to me as we both caught Mark. Mark span at the exit of the chicane and we both got through. He then got going just behind us. Martin was just a bit too quick at the end and I couldn't close in on him. Finished 2nd, with only 4 seconds separating the top 3.

Q2: Smashed my PB to get 3rd.

R2: Made a poor start and was in behind Martin again. It looked like it could be a re-run of race 1 but the server went funny. We eventually restarted race 2 but this time I was on pole. I made a complete hash of the start and allowed Lims, Lee, and Chris all past. I got past Lims at Massenet and pulled away but Lee and Chris were gone. Lee span but recovered just in front of me, then I saw Chris' front wing at the chicane with about 10 minutes to go. I pushed hard to catch Lee but couldn't do it, so another 2nd place.

Pretty happy with the racing tonight. :)

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back