rF2 GP2 2011 @ Montreal - Sunday 22nd January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It was not an enjoyable 1 race for me today... had massive lag issues ..car was behaving very strangely and i just couldnt put my finger on it...brakes were weird and so was the understeer..but the lag was just making it very difficult to get consistent(wonder if its all related)...was doing some practice runs yesterday and was easily in the 22's steady for duration of 15laps,so i guess i need a better system or something...Georgios made a nice pass just before the tunnel..made me smile , because as he was linning himself next to me for the pass everything slowed right down due to lag and as i tried to defend, noticed he had already passed me,so will have to do some tweaking for the next event to see if i can get my Pc to run smoother...didnt have those issues last week,so it was weird to say the least

Race1 Q: P3
Retired on lap 10(or there bouts) engine let go due to a rough downshift.:D
Race2 Q: P2
got disconected just before the formation lap..:(

Grats to Tom ..he was pretty consistent today and its unfortuanate i couldnt bring the pace i had yesterday to make it somewhat interesting for him ,but maybe next time:)
Also was surprised to see that the high downforce package worked pretty well for some..G.Savu:cool: was losing 10-15km on the straight,yet still doing mid 22's without trying to hard ,so that's good to know:)

Well,nice racing with you boys and will see you on track:)

P.S. just want to appologize to Martin for hitting him..once during practice and i believe once during the race..sorry M8:oops:..somehow i have the habit of always situating myself behind you..hehe

1st apologies to adreas for R1, the smoke made it a bit difficult to judge where you were.

Well another race another failure from me, can't really get the cars working for me, in pratice I am doing fast enought lap times to challange for the win but in qualy and race I can't just seem to get the tyres were I want them.

R1: Well not a good start,, had to replace my front wing them kept pushing to cathc up to ppl ahead until the rear wing of Valerio gave me a puncture (forgot that you can get puntures in Rfactor) had to pit again and then went to the finish.

R2: Started from the pit lane, had to open the door to someone :(, then just chased the guys in front but again made a mistake and damaged my suspension had to drive with bent steering throughout the race.

See you guys next time. :)

Race1 Q10th
not much to say I was in 5place behind Ivan with 5 sec of advantage on Martin but at hairpin touched the grass with left tires and fault brake point so lost advantage on Martin he put many pressure on me at the end of stright before wall of champion I saw the face of your car but in chicane I pass before but in T1 he hit me ( no problem mate:) ) lost wings and car is undriveable press Esc.

Race2 Q:7th R:2nd
Ivan lost at start and in formation lap some guys is miss Bruno? Martin? When green is come I lost think 1 or 2 place and Im in 5th place front me Florea I was in his exhaust so we have did 4 or 5 laps together,nice battles mate, until that I pass him ( think with a little help from Florea:) ) .Alex was at 7 or 8sec a bit distant for try catch him and in1st place Georgios but after afew of lap see Georgios let the track and Alex was in 1st me in 2nd and Florea in 3td I managed the race until end thinking mine SS tires.

Congratulations to all guys for race c u next track

Thanks Lee and RD for event

<--- reads Ivan's post and starts rFactor to check upgrades
Holy f***! I had no idea I was racing with Monaco package, it was my 2nd time I raced these and don't know when I selected that upgrade.

Race1 (Q2): I noticed in Q I was loosing 1s on last sector and was thinking "Man, these folks run really low wings". So I set my wing to 3+4 and still lossing 0.5s :).
In the race I was keeping a good pace, 2.5s behind Tom, till I made a 360 in T2 in ~10th lap. I knew I lost any chance to benefit from leader's one possible mistake and from there on I drove it safely to the finish.

Race2 (Q5): Only in the formation lap I noticed I hadn't loaded my setup and was racing with default. Then I destroyed the car at start, made a pit and crashed again.

Thanks for the pleasant evening and hopefully I can race next week with the proper downforce package.
Cheers!

Q, didn't expect pole - having had ten minutes on the mod/track. Just used my last setup from melbourne, seemed fine. Followed up with pole for 2nd race also.

R1, Grabriel kept me honest, but managed to pull away a few tenths here and there each lap, then all of a sudden he dropped about 13s on a lap, kept it steady to the finish.

R2, I noticed I was pulling away at about 2 sec a lap, so I thought I would see how fast I could get the car to go, 1-21-9, 1-21-6, then bang into the wall hehe.

Good job to all who finished :)

My first time on this mod so I was struggling quite a bit with the cars handling and finding a balanced setup.

R1: From 4th on the grid I lost a place or two off the line but took one back in T1. Span on the exit of T2 and lost my f.wing so limped round to have it replaced. Got out one lap down so was more of a test session at that point. Hit the wall on Lap5 and so decided to call it a day.

R2: This time took it a lot steadier backing off to 1m24s and aimed to finish instead of trying to compete. Due to a couple of formation lap indicents and a disconnection i ended up in T1 in 3rd. I maintained 1m24s throughout and was gifted a victory due to retirements.

Another great event!

My first race with rFactor...

Quali: last place

R1: good start, an there was an accident in the 1st corner. Some guys made at the end of the 1st lap a stop. so I reached P6. Then I had a mistake too, back to P9. With cold tires mistake no. 2 -> DNF

R2: ??? when was the 2nd race? :confused: After the 1st was quali again. Maybe, I made a mistake... No problem, the next will be better

Race1 Q10th
not much to say I was in 5place behind Ivan with 5 sec of advantage on Martin but at hairpin touched the grass with left tires and fault brake point so lost advantage on Martin he put many pressure on me at the end of stright before wall of champion I saw the face of your car but in chicane I pass before but in T1 he hit me ( no problem mate:) ) lost wings and car is undriveable press Esc.

Race2 Q:7th R:2nd
Ivan lost at start and in formation lap some guys is miss Bruno? Martin? When green is come I lost think 1 or 2 place and Im in 5th place front me Florea I was in his exhaust so we have did 4 or 5 laps together,nice battles mate, until that I pass him ( think with a little help from Florea:) ) .Alex was at 7 or 8sec a bit distant for try catch him and in1st place Georgios but after afew of lap see Georgios let the track and Alex was in 1st me in 2nd and Florea in 3td I managed the race until end thinking mine SS tires.

Congratulations to all guys for race c u next track

Thanks Lee and RD for event
yeah Valerio i knew you are faster, no point in slowing you down. but nice battle.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back