rF2 GP2 2011 @ Melbourne - Sunday 8th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
pretty disapointed with today...server kept crashing this morning/afternoon ,then we went into practice which only lasted 5min(when it should be 30 or there abouts)!!!,then on the formation lap something happened and i was sent back to main menu(thumbs down)...i guess will try again next week

Q1: put in a blinding lap to start P3.
R1: Got in a bit of a sandwich between P1 and 2 at the start (after another one of my amazing getaways) and I backed off only at the last moment, but that let Bulgin through. Gabriel got through at some point as well, so I re-took him into turn 3 on lap 2. While hunting down Bulgin he span at the penultimate corner allowing me and Gabriel through, with me back up to P3. The guys ahead were too quick to catch so I settled into a rhythm of quali-style laps while Gabriel slowly closed in. I binned it at turns 11/12.
Q2: 3rd again
R1: Crappy start put loads of drivers ahead of me. I was so shocked that, due to lack of concentration, in the run to turn 3 I very lightly brushed Bulgin's rear wing, ripping it off but mysteriously leaving my car utterly unscathed. To avoid trouble with Lee penalising me with the hindsight argument (for a potential third time, because he hates me :p), I gave myself a so-called "self-penalty" underneath the trees. I then set about chasing down the guy in front. A few cock-ups put me behind a few more drivers. Adam, after recovering from a spin, tried to (completely fairly, unlike Johnston in Monaco) overtake up the inside. I turned in cautiously but we collided and I went into the gravel. Adam kindly waited (unlike other drivers in the past, no names) and I retook the position, still with no car damage.
I eventually binned it out of turn 1, but I was so physically and mentally exhausted that I don't think I would have got to the end anyway.
Spent most of my practice time coaching James Chant, which was quite enjoyable actually. Kudos to him for not giving up, I would have done so in his position, he was so far off the pace that to bring himself within 3/4 seconds of the front runners like me and Tom was a fine achievement.

Thanks to Lee, RD and everyone who raced, I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.
Now, I promised James I would cheer him up, so click here.

Ok Kyle, I owe you £5.

1285770751942.png

I always seem to struggle with these cars so wasn't expecting too much.

Q1: PB to take 7th.

R1: Made a good start but got blocked in. Eventually got myself up to 5th but received a nudge from behind, sending me across the gravel. Lost a few places but continued before having to avoid a car, by going through the gravel, that spun at turn 3. Got going again and made up places as others crashed out. Finished 4th.

Q2: Made a change to the setup but it felt worse. P8.

R2: Switched back to the old setup but had to start from the back. Had a couple of near misses with cars on the formation lap as they were spinning. The two cars infront on the grid didn't take the start so I was able to make a flyer and found myself in 4th by the exit of turn 2. I was going along nicely having a small battle with Pavel until I spun at turn 6. Got going again as two cars passed me. The third pulled alongside and got past but braked early, leaving me to go up the inside. However he just turned into me and forced me up over the anti-cuts which caused me to run wide and him to go off. I decided to wait as I wasn't 100% sure on what happened at the time. I spun a couple of laps later and dropped to 7th before making my way back up the field to finish 5th.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back