rFactor 2 Racing Club event
gp2header.png

Server Name: RACEDEPT.COM GP2
Mod: F1-S-R GP2 2011 (V2.0)
Track: Hockenheim, Germany

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:20 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Warm-up
20:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes, Formation lap with Standing start)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Live Timing: Click Here

Extra Notes

•Formation lap will take place at 100 Mph tops. Weaving is allowed however no brake tests and no burnouts. Stopping on the formation lap is not allowed.
•Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
•Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
•If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.To sign up simply state below.

Sign-up list:
  1. Brad Wrenn
  2. Kyle Puttifer
  3. Bruno Sousa Ferreira
  4. Ivan Mills
  5. Martin Bulgin
  6. Valerio Vinassa
  7. Stuart Gillard
  8. Adrian Holm
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -

Might not be there tonight, car handling is very inconsistent, not sure what's wrong. Turn 1 is just plain stupid.
I don't really like Tilke-heim anyway, we would have been better off with the old layout. :D

Done a 1:21.917 - probably the first ever lap of Tilkeheim that I've actually enjoyed. Felt pretty fast.
Stadium is awesome - with the positive camber on each of the corners, the car's turn in is amazing.

Q1: Got nabbed right at the end by Mills, started 2nd.
R1: Got past him with a daring move into turn 1. Built up a 10 or so second gap to Gillard behind (not sure what happened to Mills) and from then on it was a calm, controlled drive to the flag. I WON!!!! I savoured the victory lap, you should have seen the amount of fist pumping, with a Vettel finger at the end...
First RD victory felt absolutely amazing, and I didn't have dominant pace like in Road America, so that made it even sweeter.
Q2: 2nd again
R2: Got Ivan off the start, although he pulled over to the inside very sharply to prevent me from diving up the inside at turn 1, (seriously, who overtakes there? :p hint: I do) and then I was lapping similar pace to him until the end when a few cockups put him within a second or two. Penultimate lap, I'd (fairly) fought off one manoeuvre into the hairpin, but coming out we collided and both lost some bits. I pulled over to the inside, puzzled as to how he was going to overtake into a flat-out right hander, so I was hoping to say to him "No, don't try it", but I pulled over too much. I coasted to victory without a front wing, but I didn't want any congrats as I didn't deserve the win. I may have been able to hold him off but I ended up taking him out. Truly sorry mate, that could have been a great battle.
Overall, ecstatic for a double victory, especially the first, but not proud of the second. And to think, a few hours ago I was considering not racing at all. :p
Thanks to Lee, RD, and everyone who raced, with my sincerest apologies to Ivan.

not much to say about race1 I finished in 3td but only first 3 or 4 laps together then some people spin and gained position but lonely race in RACE 2 great and beautiful battles with Martin 20min of intense fight, thanks mate a pleasure this race.
Congratulation Kyle Ivan and Stuart really quickly guys:).

Thanks Lee and RD for event

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 107 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 55 6.6%
  • < 5 years