rF2 GP2 2011 @ Barcelona - Sunday 1st January 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys formation lap is not timed or even part of the race. There is NO need to be close enough to another car to hit it. I have no idea what was going on, but this needs to improve....

r1 got whacked off the line and I went careening into the barriers, luckily only lost my front wing. limped back to the pits and got a wing and fresh super softs. Lonely recovery drive and scary last few laps got me in the top 5 IIRC. The super softs were shot at the end, and I'd done one less lap on them than the winner due to my stop (although I didn't get lapped. :D) Decided to use softs for R2
r2 my PC decided it wasn't going to let me on the grid the first time. after we restarted I had an awesome start and managed to nip around Johnston's spinning car at turn 2. Was challenging Davakos until I put too much throttle on and span it into turn 5. Another recovery drive put me in 4th which is where I started.
Chris Knight, I don't know if that was when I was hunting you down. In that case, you randomly span right in front of me at the hairpin, I wasn't anywhere near your gearbox.
Still looking for that elusive first win, I'll get there eventually. :(

What a race, R1 was quite aweful as I accidently drove into Bruno and then I was pretty much doing nothing.
Race 2 in the other hand was so action packed and I managed to make my legendary Barcelona start once again. (I moved from 5th up to 1st before the braking zone for T1) Then I had an stressful battle with Kyle as my tires were not getting upp to temp and then when he spun it I had Mark behind me making life more diffecult. At the end he made a Kamikazi manouver (he was driving the GP2 Asain car I think ;) ) so I couldn't defend and Mark got through. (Nice overtaking though) There was no more action after that.

Nice racing guys and I do start to like this GP2 car but it still feels like I will spin in any time soon.

This was my first time racing at RD with rFactor and I must say I had a good time. Race one was eventful with no formation lap. I spun on lap 2 and lost the front wing. I pitted and got back to 8th at the end. Race 2 was going great running in 3rd till I gave it just a bit too much throttle out of the chicane and around it went. by the time I got to the pits I was in 13th place and too mad at myself to continue. I look forward to the next Sunday race.

Happy New Year everyone!

R1 after a decent Q at start 2 cars front me spin and I gain 2 positions manage my race but at 5min from the end I do 1 mistake the only 1 behind me Stue pass me I was in 3td now in 4th but in last laps Stue spin so I pass him Im again in 3td then another guy lost your car ( not remember who ) so a big gift the 2nd position is mine , not happen so often:)
R2 start from 9th place but in 1st lap at turn 10 La Caixa someone hit me I lost rear wings and damage my car gone in pit and Im in last place push for recover a bit of time, front me the cars was at 29sec. and along the race a bit of guy let the race now Im near at Bruno about 3sec him lost car at T9 Campsa but quickly he behind me and pass me, in last lap in T3 Renault I tried overtake him in inside of turn I stay too much on curbs and lost car and finish 8th.

Thanks Lee and RD for event

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back