GP Style Momo for G25 (my latest prototype)

Brian Clancy

Premium
Just a few pics of my latest wheel. Its based on a genuine Momo 'Formula' race wheel :cool:. I have fitted an SLI-M, six knitter buttons, four rotarys and a couple of toggle switches. When its finished it will also be fitted with a 'quick release' hub ala F1 Style :wink:.

I have already started the next wheel (I know, finish this one first) that will include a graphical LCD screen!

Hope you like:D

IMAG0163.jpg IMAG0162.jpg IMAG0161.jpg IMAG0160.jpg
pencil.png

Nice work Brian , I'm very interested in how you cope with the wiring, do you run it thru the G25 as per original or curly cord? I have been working on a mod for my G25, It has an extended shaft with quick release hub, OMP rally wheel with button plate. I dont want to run the wires thru the G25 because of the start-up rotation, and was thinking of a curly cord,Then i can leave the wheel off until start-up is complete , but unsure how best to attach the cord to the wheel.

Cheers

Darren

Upvote 0
Nice work Brian , I'm very interested in how you cope with the wiring, do you run it thru the G25 as per original or curly cord? I have been working on a mod for my G25, It has an extended shaft with quick release hub, OMP rally wheel with button plate. I dont want to run the wires thru the G25 because of the start-up rotation, and was thinking of a curly cord,Then i can leave the wheel off until start-up is complete , but unsure how best to attach the cord to the wheel.

Cheers

Darren

I am also thinking of ways to get the cable through the G25 internally to avoid the mess when turning the wheel.

Upvote 0
Surely you can feed the cables through the hub and have them run through the main part of your G25.

Even going through the trouble of drilling an exit hole at the back so it tucks away nicely.

I take it warranties aren`t an issue here?

Upvote 0
Surely you can feed the cables through the hub and have them run through the main part of your G25.

Even going through the trouble of drilling an exit hole at the back so it tucks away nicely.

Warranties? What warranties LOL. Already done the brake mod. I still have 50% off any Logitech product at their site. Mhhhh G27 or that Flight controller :)

Upvote 0

I just think its a bad design ,it's ok with the tiny original wire but i just dont think you should be twisting your cable thru 900 degrees on a regular basis .

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years