1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got rFactor and Loving It, Full of Surprises

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by HypoToad, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I got a copy of rFactor and thought I would give it a go, the surprise was that I can get local tracks and cars that I have never had before.

I downloaded Calder Park, I actually live not to far from it and used to go back in the day when they had touring car races there all the time. But not only that I also got the Bathurst Legends 72 pack.

Now I can race Falcon GTHO's, Torana GTR-XU1's and Chrysler Charger E49's, the great Australian muscle cars, I always wanted a GTR-XU1 when I got my license.

I drove all cars on the track and the surprise was not the GTHO, that was too hard to handle, sure it goes fast in a straight line but cornering is not it's forte even the AI drivers often run off the track with it. The XU1 was as I expected really good on the corners and a little lacking in power on the straights but a really fun car none the less with it's hotted up straight six. The car I fell in love with though was the Charger E49, this thing is nearly as fast on the straights as the GTHO even though the HO has a big V8 and the E49 only has a 6 cylinder hemi, but it handles like a dream, it's really well balanced and can be thrown into corners without losing control.

Don't know if there is a way to convert these cars to GTR 2 that would be really awesome but at the moment I can't stop racing.

Update: I actually found the same pack that someone had converted to GTR2, I had to work on the car settings a little especially the XU1's diff settings, the sounds are not quite as good but it's nearly there and I have a ghost car for hot laps.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015