Got numbers?

A little bit unfair, I know. But I think it's wiser to research first before diving into a title.

Coming out of a 3 year iRacing addiction, I'm looking for a new experience. Obviously, I am well aware of how it is and very experienced in racing with real people. So my question is, what title of a game or SIM has the most users aside from iRacing? But that number can also be irrelevant if they are not racing online. So what title is the most popular choice when it comes to hosting leagues / series? And I don't care if it's 5 years old or older. If it has the most fan base of online users, I want it! If anyone tells me to go back to iRacing, I will. Just not now. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

P.S.
First time posting here, and there is no iRacing sub forum? I know they have their own healthy forum, but RaceDepartment... Well, the name of the site has no excuse IMO.

Hi and welcome to RD :)
Just a rough answer from my phone...
In my experience you can find the most races etc for Assetto Corsa or rfactor 2!
The public lobbies are nowhere even near iRacing, of course...

Here at RD we have club races and some leagues too.
While AC has the most events, Automobilista has the biggest grids. Raceroom has the tightest battles and rfactor 2 the most detailed races with multiclass and realistic live weather.

To iRacing. You find the subforum in "other racing games". Due to the great iRacing forum, the postings here are so low that it didn't get a section for it own :)

Hi and welcome to RD :)
Just a rough answer from my phone...
In my experience you can find the most races etc for Assetto Corsa or rfactor 2!
The public lobbies are nowhere even near iRacing, of course...

Here at RD we have club races and some leagues too.
While AC has the most events, Automobilista has the biggest grids. Raceroom has the tightest battles and rfactor 2 the most detailed races with multiclass and realistic live weather.

To iRacing. You find the subforum in "other racing games". Due to the great iRacing forum, the postings here are so low that it didn't get a section for it own :)

Hey thanks man! I have my eyes on rF2 and AC. I have other older titles that don't seem to have very good user base like Dirt titles and Shift 1 & 2. I guess I'll just grab both, but I can't have them come at the same time or I'll be just wasting time learning two different things at the same time. I'll get rF2 first.

Another question... The only place I can rF2 right now is steam? How about the old site where you can buy them as stand alone game and without any third party transaction? I can't find them now. The last time I visited them was 2/3 years ago. I know what happened to rF2 and the change of hands. So is steam the only place I can grab them now?

I don't like Steam TBH but if there's no other way, then I guess I have no other choice.

Hey thanks man! I have my eyes on rF2 and AC. I have other older titles that don't seem to have very good user base like Dirt titles and Shift 1 & 2. I guess I'll just grab both, but I can't have them come at the same time or I'll be just wasting time learning two different things at the same time. I'll get rF2 first.

Another question... The only place I can rF2 right now is steam? How about the old site where you can buy them as stand alone game and without any third party transaction? I can't find them now. The last time I visited them was 2/3 years ago. I know what happened to rF2 and the change of hands. So is steam the only place I can grab them now?

I don't like Steam TBH but if there's no other way, then I guess I have no other choice.
rF2 is a good choice I think! I honestly didn't even take one lap in it since I bought it in the steam sale but I only hear positive things about it! Only downside seem to be the graphics :)

To the steam-only thing: Have a look at this LINK.
As far as I know rFactor 2 once had a online-subscription, like xbox live. So you could drive offline with the purchase of the game but to be able to race online you had to buy a subscription.
I don't know the details but it seems it was 1 year or lifetime subscription!

Then they decided to go steam-only, converted all the accounts and ditched the subscription thingy!
I fear you have to get used to steam. I didn't like it either but now I really like the system!
Raceroom Racing Experience (R3E), Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Automobilista... They all work with steam and with steam only. But it works well so I'm fine with it!

Have a look at the rFactor 2 steam workshop! All the mods are implemented in it and to install mods so easy! :):thumbsup:

I wish you a lot of fun!
If you have any questions feel free to ask in the rFactor sub forum, many helpful users hanging around there!
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rfactor-2.68/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back