1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Google Earth Objects in BTB

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Zack Litchfield, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Is it possible to import objects such as buildings etc, from Google Earth into BTB (through Sketchup maybe)? I'd love to throw together a city street circuit, and if this is possible would be possible to make it very realistic, with very little object work.

2. Don't see why not if you go to google warehouse in ie a lot of the building s in google maps are originaly uploaded to there......let me know how you get on because that sounds like a good idea.

3. Yes, objects made in sketchup work in BTB. This only negative point is that houses have often too many details. That means long loadtime in game...

4. Problem I'm running into is that where I want the track (Marina District in SF) almost all the buildings are grey, and also unavailable in warehouse. Is there anyways to get the buildings actually in GE into Sketchup?

5. Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember being able to select the buildings in GE and saving them (I cant remember if this was with my own buildings or not though!)

6. I think, that is possibly and not hard to do.
    But you must open model in Skechup and modified it. See all model sides, replace textures, remove petty datales and ecth...