Google Earth and height data

I've been tinkering with a street track in my hometown but Earth has awful height data. I can tell that where i live is not 6 meters above sea level, closer to 16 or more. Resolution is also way off, the local area is geographically very flat but it does have contours. The online kml height filler puts my track to -9999m. Any ideas how i can map these myself using basic surveying technics and/or GPS since there's no way i'm buing topographic maps of the area.

Did anyone saw what happens when open csv track/route in BTB ?

It screws or better said, it doesn't align 'geographically/2D' the track to your other closed track.
Also, playing with 3 huge tracks (17 km / 7 Km / 3Km) on a single project, seems to be requesting huge processing power.

Too bad really, aligning & merging the GE Route points to other routes (open tracks) would be great in future !

Was also playing lately (testings) with HM terrain extraction from real satellite images & baking the whole to polies. Would be great too, to see this feature like Crytek Engine 2/3...Hopefully, you can 'X export' the whole & align it to other 3D pieces...That means your terrain is then perfectly (procedurally/artistically) generated & re-injected into BTB Xpacks.

One way...

=======================
Racer / NFS Shift1/2
G15 / G25
Surround Gaming ~ 4MP

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back