Google Chrome

"Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier".

Its still Beta so "buyer beware".
Link-->Google Chrome - Download a new browser

EDIT: Very simple, minimal interface indeed which I like very much. Web pages seems to load extremely quickly or do I just imagine things. Hopefully this is stable and well protected but for now I´m impressed.

peace
Jari

Thanks Jari, i juts wanted to post this, i am testing it right now, it is great fast, less memory usage and so on, i think Google will do good business with this. I have it as my default browser already.

We have no privacy on internet, we all use Microsoft. I like the speed of the browser, everytime i click it's 10 times faster then IE.

Micr$s$ft improved alot with the EU watching.
What does paypal say about it?
safari for windows was also very good everyone says. but
paypal srapped them from the list of save browsers.

Mozilla's Responce to Google Chrome:
Mozilla CEO John Lily shared his thoughts on Google’s new browser project, Chrome, and what that means for Mozilla. “It should come as no real surprise that Google has done something here — their business is the web, and they’ve got clear opinions on how things should be, and smart people thinking about how to make things better. Chrome will be a browser optimized for the things that they see as important, and it’ll be interesting to see how it evolves.” Mozilla’s Europe president, Tristan Nitot also chimed in during an interview with PCPro, stating that they don’t view this as a direct attack on Firefox, even if it did catch them by surprise. “I’ll take another example: just before Microsoft launched Vista, it invited us [to work with it] so that Firefox works better on Windows Vista. Because for it, Firefox being a top-tier application that was very successful - we now have 200 million users around the world - it could not afford to have Firefox run slowly on Vista. Therefore, it helped us improve Firefox for Vista. That’s just the same for Google. It wants Firefox to perform well with its applications, that’s for sure. Indeed, it even wants IE to perform well with Gmail and the rest. It’s just that it has very limited control over this. That’s why Google’s been frustrated and it is launching this Chrome browser.”

Lots of fuss surrounding privacy at the moment.
It won't become my main browser, FireFox is my browser of choice.

But since it's google it'll have some following, uses the webkit engine from the Safari so standards support is good, so designing for it isn't an issue.

Conclusion: meh

• Andrew Evans

just tried it... no faster than ie imho... middle mouse click-dragging doesn't work... meh!

Tried it this morning and really like the speed and thumbnails to your most used links. My only problem is I'm used to Firefox now it second nature to use it. Will definitely keep an eye on it though.

Hi,

Just downloaded it, is does seem faster on one site then firefox.
Not sure if I use it as, I have IE, Firefox, Opera and Goggle Chrome installed now

I am using it too now. First impression. Fast and easy! Only some strange borders appears round boxes like i am typing in now.
Also the spelling check is very annoying

Deinstalled: the WYSIGWY Editor box doesnt work and only gives bbcode. Bye bye google you wont mess up my forum pleasure :)

Seems fine on these forums to me. I like being able to pull tabs out of the main browser window into their own window, and being able to drag them back in

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%