• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by mantasisg, Sep 10, 2017.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Hello, I've decided to start a thread for this project. I wonder are we hyped after this Goodwood Revival ? I surely am. I really love classic cars, and Goodwood Circuit. Not only because of great historic cars events, but mostly because the track is astonishing, it is just perfect in my opinion.

As soon as I have been informed that LiDAR data of Chichester is publicly available, it took me no time to start digging into it :) I wouldn't know it if it was not for a guy who started FOS thread, and there members pointed out about this fact. I'm really happy. Also as usual big thanks to @LilSki, who once again dragged me from the darkness and informed about the intensity data, without which I was slightly "lost" in the point cloud :D Quite a critical turning point.

I'm not a pro modeller, but I'll give my best. I'm already more than confident that this version is and will be even more better than outdated available conversion.

A superb guide to the track:

Few screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 32
    • Like Like x 13
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. norbs

norbs
    That cams guy. Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Im excited!

• Love Love x 1
  3. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +243
    Early stages and it already looks miles better than any other Goodwood I've seen for a sim. Eagerly awaiting this gem! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Cams are ordered and arriving, soon will be at the circuit. And those cams are already waiting for director to give tham positions and adjustments @norbs :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dave_6

Dave_6
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Can't wait for this!

6. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Gooooooodwoooooooood!

• Love Love x 1
  7. Topuz

Topuz

Ratings:
    +767
    I just realized that you're probably an only person who did a proper car mod and a track mod from scratch. Kudos to you man! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vladislav Kurochkin

Vladislav Kurochkin

Ratings:
    +34
    Cool!

9. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BenCollins

BenCollins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +186
    What a nice surprise, looks fantastic already!!

Wasn't there someone else doing the hillclimb too?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Yes, one guy seemed to be committed to do it, but haven't heard much since... Maybe hype vaporized. I hope not.

But that motivated me to go for Goodwood Circuit.

12. solyomtibor

solyomtibor

Ratings:
    +6
    OMG, what happened with that car?
    Can't wait for Goodwood, such a nice track. It will perfectly fit to the Jag. And to the Merc :D

13. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +243
    I'd rather have the circuit anyways :whistling:

14. martinsh

martinsh

Ratings:
    +88
    the real track is so clean now, it looks like CG. Can`t wait to give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Thanks @martinsh lots and lots of work is left to do, but it is fun already, can't wait to share it. While driving it seems just ok already, but in the replay slightly too empty. First thing I'll do today will be to replace terrible roses texture to proper hortensia texture :D

People were laughing at me when I asked what are those flower in a chat of the Revival stream :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 6
  16. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +882
    Flowers man. Everytime I'm on holiday garden watering duty at my parents I'm told the name of every plant and what it needs, and every time I've forgotten a day later :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    By the way, Hortensia is a real deal, no joke, people ! It can be deadly :/

But I guess there is a reason why none of us ever thinks to eat a flower haha

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. hal4000

hal4000

Ratings:
    +243
    The things you learn building tracks hey? ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. simseany

simseany

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for taking this on, love Goodwood!
    Looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,270
    Should I go for complete perfection and model it for upcoming five years and release just after its done, or should I release it in early state this weekend so we all could have quite some good time with 250 GTO, and then I would continue to improve the track for the rest of etternity ? :D

I was amazed how much "wrong" the old Goodwood mod is when I have tried it few days ago, and I used to like it for IMMERSION. I think it is about time for it to go to well deserved rest, people were using it a lot for many many years...

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2