Tracks Goodwood Circuit

Hello, I've decided to start a thread for this project. I wonder are we hyped after this Goodwood Revival ? I surely am. I really love classic cars, and Goodwood Circuit. Not only because of great historic cars events, but mostly because the track is astonishing, it is just perfect in my opinion.

As soon as I have been informed that LiDAR data of Chichester is publicly available, it took me no time to start digging into it :) I wouldn't know it if it was not for a guy who started FOS thread, and there members pointed out about this fact. I'm really happy. Also as usual big thanks to @LilSki, who once again dragged me from the darkness and informed about the intensity data, without which I was slightly "lost" in the point cloud :D Quite a critical turning point.

I'm not a pro modeller, but I'll give my best. I'm already more than confident that this version is and will be even more better than outdated available conversion.

A superb guide to the track:

Few screenshots:
HNQvy5r.jpg

CSc38PX.jpg

n73avMa.jpg

x9o7HGt.jpg

Yes, one guy seemed to be committed to do it, but haven't heard much since... Maybe hype vaporized. I hope not.

But that motivated me to go for Goodwood Circuit.

Thanks @martinsh lots and lots of work is left to do, but it is fun already, can't wait to share it. While driving it seems just ok already, but in the replay slightly too empty. First thing I'll do today will be to replace terrible roses texture to proper hortensia texture :D

People were laughing at me when I asked what are those flower in a chat of the Revival stream :D

Should I go for complete perfection and model it for upcoming five years and release just after its done, or should I release it in early state this weekend so we all could have quite some good time with 250 GTO, and then I would continue to improve the track for the rest of etternity ? :D

I was amazed how much "wrong" the old Goodwood mod is when I have tried it few days ago, and I used to like it for IMMERSION. I think it is about time for it to go to well deserved rest, people were using it a lot for many many years...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back