F1 2011 Good wheels for Xbox?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,

Currently I'm on my second madcatz wireless racing wheel since Christmas and it's gone faulty again, so I'm looking for a good steering wheel for the xbox. Whenever I do searches the same wheels keep coming up, such as the Ferrari 458 wheel. I have a madcatz mc2 but am not fussed on it. Are there any good wheels out there? I'm not looking to spend more than £100-150 max.

Keep in mind, the "Elite" will set you back at least 500 Euros. I'm not sure if Gareth would want to wait that long. :)

Anyway, the "Elite" is of course the better wheel but Fanatec is about to release a new wheel soon, so waiting some months might help you in the end.

can anyone help me with a new wheel please?
i've been using the microsoft official wheel for 3years+ and it's been a great companion, but the left gear paddle just died and using A to downshift is awkward! :(
http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-w...attributeName2=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB
it seems they dont make this anymore!
i need a wheel that sits nicely on my lap as i dont attach to a desk or what not.
ideally less than £80 or so as i dont fancy wasting too much money

thanks

I'm not sure any manufactures make wheels that sit on your lap anymore.
Is the paddle shift cracked? did you open it up and have a look?

I have had lots of trouble with these wheels but still use them because i can find them cheaply where i live. ($25-$30 CAN). I use a Wheel Stand Pro with mine and it makes a world of difference. Much faster and more accurate than sitting it on my lap was.
If your paddle is cracked you might be able to melt it back together. I know there is one guy on this forum that has done that before successfully. If a part has broken off it prob can not be fixed. I have tried Super glue and it doesn't hold strong enough.

can anyone help me with a new wheel please?
i've been using the microsoft official wheel for 3years+ and it's been a great companion, but the left gear paddle just died and using A to downshift is awkward! :(
http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-w...attributeName2=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB
it seems they dont make this anymore!
i need a wheel that sits nicely on my lap as i dont attach to a desk or what not.
ideally less than £80 or so as i dont fancy wasting too much money

thanks
Turns out this thread has been a bit of a waste of time :redface: . I took my wheel to my local gamestation store today and the problem was that the batteries were low, the wheel itself is fine (cue Homer Simpson doh!). You could try the wheel I have now which is the madcatz wireless racing wheel, I got mine for £90. It has pads you can attach underneath the base so you can rest in on your lap. Just keep in mind the batteries will only last around 6-7 weeks if used almost daily. :)

Turns out this thread has been a bit of a waste of time :redface: . I took my wheel to my local gamestation store today and the problem was that the batteries were low, the wheel itself is fine (cue Homer Simpson doh!). You could try the wheel I have now which is the madcatz wireless racing wheel, I got mine for £90. It has pads you can attach underneath the base so you can rest in on your lap. Just keep in mind the batteries will only last around 6-7 weeks if used almost daily. :)

Not a waste of time :) now others can learn as well.

Reactions: Tom
I'm not sure any manufactures make wheels that sit on your lap anymore.
Is the paddle shift cracked? did you open it up and have a look?

I have had lots of trouble with these wheels but still use them because i can find them cheaply where i live. ($25-$30 CAN). I use a Wheel Stand Pro with mine and it makes a world of difference. Much faster and more accurate than sitting it on my lap was.
If your paddle is cracked you might be able to melt it back together. I know there is one guy on this forum that has done that before successfully. If a part has broken off it prob can not be fixed. I have tried Super glue and it doesn't hold strong enough.

hmm i wouldn't know where to start with opening up!

there's no visual damage to it from the exterior, something must've happened inside as about 10 laps into a race it started to not shift or double shift then after 13 it died completely :p

that sucks i hate having to mount a wheel to a table or similar its not comfortable for me!

hmm i wouldn't know where to start with opening up!

there's no visual damage to it from the exterior, something must've happened inside as about 10 laps into a race it started to not shift or double shift then after 13 it died completely :p

that sucks i hate having to mount a wheel to a table or similar its not comfortable for me!

I had the same issue as you back in December. I didn't know what or where to look for my shifting problem. On of the guys in my league had had issues with his before and wrote out some details about taking the wheel apart. I will paste them here for you to look over.
there is also a youtube video that shows how to take the wheel apart, but i can't find it right now as i'm supposed to be working :)

here's the instructions i rec'd from my league-mate
" 1st unscrew the 6 (i think) alan keys bolts on the centre cap on the wheel. behind the fasia plate are another 4 bolts. unscrew these. the wheel should become loose, now move the wheel toward you, (should move a good 50mm. behind the shifters are 4 more bolts (2 on each side) un-do these and the plate with the d pad and buttons comes off with the wheel, leaving 6 wires connecting the wheel by a white connector (i disconnected this, but its quite difficult to re-connect so i leave that to you). to the left of the white connection there is a little black pad, and to the right about 25mm another. these are the contacts the shifters touch to change gear. (i found my shifter had a hair line crack so i melted it carefully with a solder iron to bond it back) i suggest you try to put something over the contact as it may just be your shifter has worn slightly. try not to remove the shifter at all as there brittle, and the problem can only be the contact point not touching the contact properly! the button prob you have is most likely the white connector on the left of the wheel behind this button try dis-connecting it. little bit wd-40 an put it back!
i'v actually just taken mine to bits as i wrote this because i didn't want to leave anything out that may damage your wheel mate. just be careful! and i have general ability for these things as i take my time! i'v fixed many broken things ppl were going to bin mate, let me know how it goes. any bother leave it and get back to me mate."

hope that helps you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years