1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Sim Racing Desk Chair

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jason Murphy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Im in need of a new desk chair. For me right now im using my desk as my rig (and it will probably stay that way). So, when im looking for a new desk chair there are a few things specifically that i want to improve my sim racing feel:
    - comfort obvious to any chair
    - doesn't move around easy on a rug, or has lockable wheels
    - can lock the back and create a good driving position
    - be able to lower and/or rotate the arms so i can use the steering wheel effectively

Anyone found a chair that they absolutely love for sim racing? Im sure i'll be fine just going down to the local big box stores and sitting in a few, but if there are certain ones out there that are tested id like to know. Im not looking to spend a lot of money on one, maybe around $100. Thanks :)
  2. I use a pretty nice office chair with height / tilt / back adjustments but, it was about $200. I replaced the casters with a set of locking casters from Amazon (about $15). I have also seen office chairs on Ebay with Recaro style seats that are pretty neat.