Good seris of articles on race driving

Thanks for the link. Makes for interesting reading and a few things to try to assist with better lap times. The braking a throttle blip I have been trying but my brain is doing lots of things already with my current experience level. Has anyone had any luck with this with G27 pedals? Thanks again for the link

Race 07 has autoblib that can not be turned fully off. So there's no need to blib between the gears unless the revs you are hitting are way off like 5th to 2nd gears. Also on some retro/classic cars it's useful but on those there is time to not only think but to whistle your favorite tune, drink beer and visit relatives in foreign countries between gearshifts :)

But it's a technique that is good to know, super-easy if you use left foot braking. It helps in several situations, like when you just know you outbraked yourself it's easier to keep the gear you're on for maximum control and deceleration, blib when skipping gears to get the engine turning right revs. If you use only engine braking ie tires rotate the engine back to correct speed, the car is uncontrollable for a moment. In wet weather, it comes in to play in a BIG way thou but in dry, it's pretty rare that you have to use it.

Practice it on a long straight, Monza is a good place to do that. Take auto-clutch off and try with different types of cars like: F3000, Radicals, Caterham, some GTs, maybe WTCC FWD. But i would say that the Retro V8s muscle cars are the best for it, less gears, engine has a lot of mass spinning (inertia) so one needs to be that much more careful.

EDIT: The article is advices to push while driving (opposite arm). This subject is highly debatable, pulling has it's own advantages too. When you push, your shoulder is expressing motion that easily leads to pinched nerves and decreased sensitivity. It's also using the most inefficient motion, extending the arm is less powerful than pulling. But it is correct in that sense that there is less room to move the pulling arm.. I'm pretty sure it's 60/40 one way or the other with no clear winner but if you puller, learn how to push and vice versa...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back