F1 2010 Good news regarding patch!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm not a big follower of Codies games but in my limited experience you do get one patch with their titles. And although the decision on whether to patch isn't usually down to the developers, T4RG4 is clearly a "good guy" and will be using what influence he has to improve things.

Its now a balancing act in giving enough time for the bugs to be identified, but not leaving the patch too long. Other than a DX11 patch, which may or may not be combined with the bug fixing patch, I wouldn't expect two patches unless the first one breaks something.

And even the head of the designers (Stephen Hood) is personally posts and responds to people's complaints in CM forums. I have never witnessed such a good game designer in this aspect.

And even the head of the designers (Stephen Hood) is personally posts and responds to people's complaints in CM forums. I have never witnessed such a good game designer in this aspect.

@Omer ,If he was such a good game designer why all the bugs in the game.

@ Brian ,I think Dragon Rising might be a better example seeing as that is also a codies title.

@David ,You know him personally do you(T4RG4 is clearly a "good guy" and will be using what influence he has to improve things).

Are ye all programmers by profession that the ye consider the devs the good guys and the paying customers the (whatever it is that ye do think of paying customers)

Just wondering

Its funny, you can get a good impression of what people are like from video interviews and even forum posts.

I'm not a programmer by profession but I have been a game tester. There is no such thing as a bug free game. If you want to avoid particularly buggy games I have the following tips

1. Avoid buying games on release with new game engines (e.g. Shift)
2. Avoid buying games on release from new development teams (e.g.the F1 2010 development team)
3. Avoid games which are released on time (e.g. F1 2010 and Shift)

Many companies will not use operating systems until SP2 is released. If bugs upset you its best to follow a similar strategy. Never buy on release, wait until the first patch is out and check feedback on its effectiveness.

Games are a tiny investment. The above is good advice for the serious investments we make in life, like buying a new car. Avoid buying a car that hasn't been in production for at least a year.

@Omer my apologies i took you up wrong,
on your point though it might have been better if the devs never chatted on the forum and concentrated on the game coding
@ David ,a game tester ,i would imagine you would be in a better position than most to give an opinion on whether devs use testers feedback at all going by this game.
On games being a small investment ,id have to disagree,it would depend totally on income as far as the cash side goes,but there is also the time aspect that a gamer will invest in a product that he or she has been told is one thing and because of bugs or lies by the devs turns out to be another.And remember software is the only product i know of that you have no recourse over.A bit one sided im sure you would agree.
On the issue of vids(promotion vids in fact) well i tend to not believe anything that is portrayed in them ,again borne out by this particular game.
As for forum posts ,well id love to hear what opinion you have developed on me regarding the posts i have made,im sure it would be most informative :).
Yes you are probably right in the idea of waiting till a product is fully patched before buying but that would mean i would have to treat every dev as a liar and every game as a bug fest,and if everybody did that well there be no devs left.

• Andyref

A link to the Source would be nice, I have not read this on the Codemasters or F1 game Twitter feeds and I follow both..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%