Good DIY aluminium profile sim rig instructions?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
are there any go to/tried and tested instructions for DIY projects using aluminium profile, I've found a couple but wondered if there was a definitive design people use.

Edit: or a good premade aluminium profile rig on sale?

For this: http://www.motedis.com/shop/Slot-pr...-Type-slot-8/Bracket-40-I-Typ-slot-8::98.html

You have three options:

• only the bracket
  • with fastening set and cover cap
  • with fastening set

If you scroll down a bit to the details section where it says: Scope of delivery: Only the bracket optinal with BS = fastening set (BS = 2x screw DIN7380 M8x16 & 2 x T-nut guided slot 8/M8 I-type).

So if you for example choose option 3 (with fastening set) they'll include the screws and T-nuts you need for that bracket.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much! Now everything is clear!
I'll choose the third option and then buy the extra nuts and bolts for the steering wheel and pedals.
However, angle clamps haven't the possibilty to buy them as a Kit.

Upvote 0
Here's the plan of my rig.
What do you think?
My main focuses are:
-stabilty
-possibilty to change and rotate the position of the Wheelbase
-possibility to change and rotate the position of the pedals
-possibilty (in the future) to add two more screen for triple screen setup

osMyDiZ.png

E6fQYHS.png
1tEh11X.png

At the end i went for 40x40, 40x80 and 40x120 for the wheelbase.

Upvote 0
Sure the angle clamps are more expensive, but they're quite convenient to use since you don't need a tool when adjusting. You actually don't need that many either. On the other hand, i don't tend to adjust that often once all is setup to my likings, so i guess it's a decision you have to make based on your own preferences. I don't know about other options and/or how well they would work.

Upvote 0
Have a look at post #222 in this thread. That's the exakt same T-nut that's needed for the angle clamp (OneT-nut guided slot 8/M8 I-type per clamp). The bolt is integrated into the clamps lever, so you don't need to order bolts separately.

I couldn't say about the bracket since i don't understand how/where you're planning to use it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back