good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hallo
When i use your great Mod and install it manual,what must i do with the Clouds Folders
in your Weather Folders and must i use the default Clouds too.Works it well with your
PP Filter off,i dont like almost PP Filters.Thank you.:D:thumbsup:
If you dont use Content Manager, then you have to be sure that only the cloud textures in the weather folder are in the content/texture/clouds folder. So if you use JSGME you should make a MOD for the standard Kunos clouds, put them in this and clear the clouds folder in content/textures. Than you have to make a MOD for every single weather and put the textures from the clouds folder into the content/texture/clouds folder in the MOD and load it manually. You see its very complicated. Its very easy if you use Content Manager. You just have to copy the 2 folders in the zip to AC Main folder. For my updates it is important to remove my weather before copying....

It is important that only the textures from the weather folder are loaded, otherwise it will not look good.

You can try with PP off.

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

bunnies

- new textures for heavy clouds with bunnies
- new weather: "the calm before the storm" sun still shining and heavy rain in the distance
- overhauled "hot" with the new textures, more hazy in the evening
- overhauled first "few clouds" with the new textures

!!! Before installing - please remove prior version completely !!!

v0vxac9.jpg

5ZV03cM.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Peter Boese, seems to be a german guy.
Sag mir doch mal bitte, wie ich ohne den CM deine Dateien händisch in AC integriere. Einfach die Dateien in die jeweiligen Ordner (wie zig' mal bei Wagnum gemacht) funktioniert hier nicht. Danke für eine Anweisung
Xela
also komplett händisch:
Backupordner im /content/texture/clouds/ ordner machen. Alle Dateein (nicht die Ordner) dort hinein kopieren. Dann die Texturen des jeweiligen Wetters (also aus dem clouds Ordner im Wetter) in den /content/texture/clouds/ kopieren und das wars schon. Die ganzen Wetter natürlich in den /content/weathers/ Ordner kopieren.

Das ist einfach nervig, dass der Standard-Launcher das nicht macht. Du kannst auch den Umweg über JSGME machen. Viel komfortabler machts das aber auch nicht.

CM ist schon richtig gut dafür. Da muss man garnichts mehr machen. Nur das Wetter auswählen und selbst das kann man anhand realer Wetterdaten automatisieren.

• Deleted member 241736

also komplett händisch:
Backupordner im /content/texture/clouds/ ordner machen. Alle Dateein (nicht die Ordner) dort hinein kopieren. Dann die Texturen des jeweiligen Wetters (also aus dem clouds Ordner im Wetter) in den /content/texture/clouds/ kopieren und das wars schon. Die ganzen Wetter natürlich in den /content/weathers/ Ordner kopieren.

Das ist einfach nervig, dass der Standard-Launcher das nicht macht. Du kannst auch den Umweg über JSGME machen. Viel komfortabler machts das aber auch nicht.

CM ist schon richtig gut dafür. Da muss man garnichts mehr machen. Nur das Wetter auswählen und selbst das kann man anhand realer Wetterdaten automatisieren.
Thx, mach ich nach der Toscana und dem 1.8. Viel Sonne und zero clouds (also for you )

Really digging this mod :D Heavier cloud weathers kinda murder my GPU but it's only a 2GB GTX760 so probably to be expected.

Might be worth noting that Kunos had changed their skybox a bit though for AC 1.8, horizon is different now from what it was previously.

Hi Peter

I love your mod but the gbw ppfilter was killing my GTX 980. I went from getting 60 fps with default ppfilter to only getting 25 fps with gbw ppfilter. All because of the depth of field values.

First I tried disabling [DOF] by writing ENABLED=0 but it didn't work, I was still getting 25 fps. So I deleted the entire [DOF] text and then it worked, got 60 fps again.

It would be cool if in the future you could release two versions of you ppfilter, normal one and one with less depth of field for less powerful graphic cards.

Thank you! :)

Autumn Weather

nxNgPSK.jpg

- new texture for overcast and rain weathers
- new "heavy rain cold"
- old "heavy rain" is now "heavy rain warm"
- new "overcast dark"
- old "overcast dark" is now "overcast"
- new "wet and cold"

- reactivate the auto exposure in the filter for a better handling of the dark weathers

dream weather

KgU1jC0.jpg

- new texture for broken clouds
- new textures for scattered clouds (UHD)

- removed "104_gbW_scattered 1"
- "104_gbW_scattered 2" is now "104_gbW_scattered clear"
- new "104_gbW_scattered foggy" with new UHD-textures

- rework "103_gbW_broken clouds warm" with the new texture

- disabled auto exposure in the filter
- added sweetfx for more and better HDR

!!! Before installing - please remove prior version completely...

PP filter seems to have autoexposure still enabled? Wrong file uploaded maybe?
yes its the wrong filter. saw it after uploading. but the 2.1 filter is very similar to my new one. looks the same. the 2.1 filter just lighten up a little bit in dark conditions. at normal conditions they look the same.
thanks for call attention to this.

Great stuff with 2.2 Peter but i'm starting to wonder what's the point of vignetting in the filter? I don't think it adds to anything. And mayyyybe it's slightly overxposed, at least compared to other filters. I like that but maybe it's a tad too much i don't know..

Great stuff with 2.2 Peter but i'm starting to wonder what's the point of vignetting in the filter? I don't think it adds to anything. And mayyyybe it's slightly overxposed, at least compared to other filters. I like that but maybe it's a tad too much i don't know..
Thank you. I totally ignored that parameter. now its off. i put in the filter which should be in the pack, but by mistake its the old 2.1 filter. attached is the 2.2 filter - with vignette off :whistling:

Attachments

• __gbW 2_2.ini
    6 KB · Views: 306

complete rework

03wxT5g.jpg

- complete rework of all weathers to match the new beauty of Assetto Corsa 1.9
- better fog settings
- many texture edits (before storm texture -> removed "bunny"-effect)
- new weather: "light rain" (broken clouds with faked rain)

- removed "heavy clouds bright" (if i got a better texture for it, it will be in the pack again)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back