good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to install those beautiful clouds WITHOUT content manager? I use SimCommander 4 and don't want ot install Content Manager,,,,
I can't understand why everyone isn't using content manager. It has become essential and kunos should embrace it and include it as standard for the PC. Once you are used to it there is no going back.

Is there a way to install those beautiful clouds WITHOUT content manager? I use SimCommander 4 and don't want ot install Content Manager,,,,
It is really annoying without Content Manager. Here are posts where i described it: #80, #90

You can also try my default weather replacements, they have some of the clouds too:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gbw-vanilla-sets.15023/

BUT, you can use Sim Commander and Content Manager together! Just start Content Manager instead of Assetto Corsa in your Sim Commander's AC profile.

So after latest update , it says to completely remove old version . How do i do that ?
Wont it just overwrite everything ?
There is a "How to install" PDF in the zip. There are more informations. You have to delete all "gbW__xxx" weathers.
From version to version i change textures and other files. So if you just copy the new content, you will have already the old textures in the folders and this will not look correct!

I just look for an install creator, but it would be to expansive for the features i need...

Hello!

Can someone explain me the difference between the pp-filters gbW_AE and gbW? I just know it has something to do with the auto exposer, but I can't decide which one to use.

Afaik auto-exposure is the only difference.

I use another filter for racing but with auto-exposure as I like to have consistent graphics.

Though the filter without AE is better on reproducing conditions since with AE bright weathers will be darkened, heavy cloud weathers brightened and the Dusk&Dawn will be too bright as well.

Hello!

Can someone explain me the difference between the pp-filters gbW_AE and gbW? I just know it has something to do with the auto exposer, but I can't decide which one to use.
gbW_AE is a filter where i tried to manage the different lightings in bright and dark weathers. Now, with the "filter per weather" option of Content Manager, it is obsolete - i leave it in the pack for tests or if someone likes the light-changing effect. With gbW 3.0 i made adjusted filters for some difficult weathers like the dusks and dawns. If this feature is activated - like i described in the "installation howto", then the filter is automatically loaded when the weather is used.
In game you will see this in the "post-processing" app.
So you just need to use the "__gbW" filter and the weathers which needs some special adaption, have there own filter.

For now this is limited to use only 1 custom filter in the weather. But i will try to sway the creator of Content Manager to use more filters, to make it possible for other models to bring there own adjustments to the weather...

Last edited:
gbW_AE is a filter where i tried to manage the different lightings in bright and dark weathers. Now, with the "filter per weather" option of Content Manager, it is obsolete - i leave it in the pack for tests or if someone likes the light-changing effect. With gbW 3.0 i made adjusted filters for some difficult weathers like the dusks and dawns. If this feature is activated - like i described in the "installation howto", then the filter is automatically loaded when the weather is used.
In game you will see this in the "post-processing" app.
So you just need to use the "__gbW" filter and the weathers which needs some special adaption, have there own filter.

For now this is limited to use only 1 custom filter in the weather. But i will try to sway the creator of Content Manager to use more filters, to make it possible for other models to bring there own adjustments to the weather...

Ok, thanks :D

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

unpredictable

N9lFvx3.jpg

CHANGELOG of VERSION 3.1

- reworked 103_gbW_unpredictable - new textures (own shots), better colors, illusion of volumetric clouds, illusion of covered sun
- reworked 103_gbW_an ordinary day - new textures, brighter clouds, darker colors

- Content Manager feature "custom weather's PP-filter" used for the weathers:

- 103_gbW_unpredictable - edited godrays to get an "covered sun"-effect

!!! this feature overrides the active filter !!!...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Somehow "good and bad weathers" doesn't sound right to me.
Shouldn't be better "good and bad weather" ?
English is not my native, like I know it's not yours too,
but... that "S" on the end... feels like an extra really. Maybe some english expert could jump in.

Somehow, I just can't get Content Manager to choose the gbW weathers when using Real Conditions. The weather chooser only chooses the normal weathers it seems. Or is that how it's supposed to be? I have enabled custom weather pp-filters and all.

Go to 'Content - Miscellaneious - Weather'
For each weather there is an option called 'Use as:'
Check that the gbw weathers are set to real conditions and not to 'none'.

Additionally you can set the Kunos weathers to 'none'.

FYI: Content Manager doesn't show the 'gbw_' prefix anymore, so if it says 'Clear' it's possible that it means the gbw_clear weather.

Remember to change the saves for each weather, either at the bottom by clicking 'Save' or with Ctrl+S.

FYI: Content Manager doesn't show the 'gbw_' prefix anymore, so if it says 'Clear' it's possible that it means the gbw_clear weather.

Remember to change the saves for each weather, either at the bottom by clicking 'Save' or with Ctrl+S.
again schnipp, many thanks for giving support!!!

Somehow "good and bad weathers" doesn't sound right to me.
Shouldn't be better "good and bad weather" ?
English is not my native, like I know it's not yours too,
but... that "S" on the end... feels like an extra really. Maybe some english expert could jump in.
Interesting point. don't know exactly. I have chosen the plural, because of doing multiple conditions, multiple files. maybe its possible to use both. BUT what sounds better? So it would be interesting to hear from an English native speaker.

Last edited:

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Is there anyway I can know it really is loading the gbW weathers instead of the normal ones now that Content Manager no longer shows the prefix? Like the game log or something? Just trying to save the hassle. :p

In 'Content - Miscellaneious - Weather' you can rename each weather.
Either add _gbw for the gbw weathers or something like _ks or _kunos to the stock weathers.

Doing it for the official ones would be less work, but an AC update might set them back to the default name. I guess this would happen with a new gbw update too.

I haven't tried this though, so I don't know if that might cause other issues.

Interesting point. don't know exactly. I have chosen the plural, because of doing multiple conditions, multiple files. maybe its possible to use both. BUT what sounds better? So it would be interesting to hear from an English native speaker.

In the context we have here I think "weathers" is ok, as each weather condition is a sovereign set of files that we think of as "a weather" for the game.

Not using the plural is also - and probably more - correct, generally speaking.

In the context we have here I think "weathers" is ok, as each weather condition is a sovereign set of files that we think of as "a weather" for the game.

Not using the plural is also - and probably more - correct, generally speaking.
Does the English language any "irregular plurals"?
In german you have 1 butter, 2 butter ; 1 Porsche, 2 Porsche for example.
Is it PorscheS in Englisch? :cautious:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back