good and bad weather

Misc good and bad weather 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can't say for sure with these weathers, but I did use SFX with the Natural Mod for a while and it did make a difference... but a negligible one IMHO. I don't feel like I'm missing out now by not being able to get it working. (Then again it only cost me 5-7fps, so if I could get it working again I'd probably use it.)

what i do with sweetFX is a little bit more brightness and contrast. i use the HDR-shader to lift up the exposure to a certain level and then i raise the dynamic to get more contrast. in the tone mapping i do some opposite thing. i reduce the dynamic with the gamma. both processes work different and so i got more control over the contrast-process. the result is that the midtones (mostly the vegetation) are nearly untouched and the rest (sky, horizon and the cockpit) has more contrast. this is just subtle and not really needed. for me this is the last 5% of available immersion...

Can't say for sure with these weathers, but I did use SFX with the Natural Mod for a while and it did make a difference... but a negligible one IMHO. I don't feel like I'm missing out now by not being able to get it working. (Then again it only cost me 5-7fps, so if I could get it working again I'd probably use it.)

It's confusing tbh.
I do run 64 bit version.
I see on screen that "is" active. I turn it on and off with pause key. Also I can display fps in the same top left screen. But what confuses me I don't see any effect in game. I know how sweetFX works I use it in many games and one of the best part of it the fact that it can be tuned "in flight", which is such a cool feature.

I set key for turning it on and off for pause key, since my keyboard doesn't have scroll lock (and I'm not the only one, maybe you could take this in consider in future) I... I just can't see any difference. I maxed even effects to be able to see any change but ...nah.
Really have run out of ideas here.

And, yes, I almost forget... :D your clouds also doesn't work for me either. I'm quite sure I installed everything right, even though I'm not fan of some new .exe's on my hard drive (my antivirus actually block this file for me so I have to disable it for 10 minutes so to be able to use it on first place) I DL that ...content manager, click all the right option, set some of your weather themes but ..just nothing. Weather looks not even close those on screenshots. Only vanilla like. =/

so it would be really interesting why it isn't working. maybe i use that version of sweetfx after upgrading to win10. what windows-version do you use?

essentially every sweetfx-version will do my settings. if you find a version which is running on your system you just need the "SweetFX_settings.txt" to use my little "contrast/brightness" tweaks.

the only thing i see in the different versions of sweetfx, is the use of SMAA. in some versions - also the one i have in my mod - you have to activate "lift gamma gain" and set #define RGB_Gamma float3(2.19, 2.19, 2.19) to deduce the brightness which is caused by SMAA-shader.

Nope, Win10 here too.

Maybe I'll fiddle around with it. I stopped using it altogether when I upgraded to a 3440x1440 display because my GTX670 needed all the help it could get at that resolution. I'm on a 1080OC now, but I didn't even think to try it again until ~2.3 of your mod... and it simply won't load when 'installed' with JSGME. I have not looked further into it than that.

Hi Peter
Thank you again for this wonderful Weather Mod,another great Update.Have you take
a look at the new Tor Poznan Winter Track with your Sommer Fog Weather,nothing to
say only looks so fantastic.Keep up your must have Mod,i am looking to your next
great Update.Grüße aus Hessen.

Sorry to be a bother, but this is a bit confusing to me. I would love to use this mod and I have downloaded it and the content manager. I usually only race online, so it is very important to me that this works.

What I am missing is an installation guide. Where do I have to copy the files? What exactly do I have to do with the content manager to get this working?

Sorry to be a bother, but this is a bit confusing to me. I would love to use this mod and I have downloaded it and the content manager. I usually only race online, so it is very important to me that this works.

What I am missing is an installation guide. Where do I have to copy the files? What exactly do I have to do with the content manager to get this working?
I don't think this weather mod works online before Peter makes a Kunos compatible version of his weather.
This is also the reason for me not using it and wait patiently...

I don't think this weather mod works online before Peter makes a Kunos compatible version of his weather.
This is also the reason for me not using it and wait patiently...

The reason that mod looks so good its because of the weather depending textures. For now it can't be used online. The reason for that is, the server didn't tell which weather it uses. If that is fixed - its a kunos part - then you can use this for online sessions and then i will make some weathers to replace the standard kunos weather.

The reason that mod looks so good its because of the weather depending textures. For now it can't be used online. The reason for that is, the server didn't tell which weather it uses. If that is fixed - its a kunos part - then you can use this for online sessions and then i will make some weathers to replace the standard kunos weather.
Of course I know that, but maybe its possible for you to make some mods for the existing Kunos weather. Should work online with replacement of the original files.

Of course I know that, but maybe its possible for you to make some mods for the existing Kunos weather. Should work online with replacement of the original files.
if you are willing to do this - you can do this right now.
one option would be, if you want to drive in a most certain weather:
- use JSGME
- make a mod-path like "before storm"
- make a folder "content" in this make a folder "weather" ("content\weather")
- copy the kunos standard weathers to that folder
- then overwrite the content of the colorcurve.ini and weather.ini with the content of the files from "106_gbW_before storm" BUT!!! don't overwrite the names of the weathers inside the weather.ini
- backup the cloud-textures in the folder "content\texture\clouds\" and delete them
- make a folder "content\texture\clouds" in the mod folder
- copy the textures from "106_gbW_before storm" to this folder
- activate the mod

now whatever session you load - this is your (only your) weather...

if you are willing to do this - you can do this right now.
one option would be, if you want to drive in a most certain weather:
- use JSGME
- make a mod-path like "before storm"
- make a folder "content" in this make a folder "weather" ("content\weather")
- copy the kunos standard weathers to that folder
- then overwrite the content of the colorcurve.ini and weather.ini with the content of the files from "106_gbW_before storm" BUT!!! don't overwrite the names of the weathers inside the weather.ini
- backup the cloud-textures in the folder "content\texture\clouds\" and delete them
- make a folder "content\texture\clouds" in the mod folder
- copy the textures from "106_gbW_before storm" to this folder
- activate the mod

now whatever session you load - this is your (only your) weather...
Thank you for this explantation. I'll give it a try.
Just one question: The server side makes the weather for all clients? Also the day time?

Well, I tried the usual scorched-earth tactic to sort this out ... removed all the SFX files, ran an integrity check on AC, redownloaded and reinstalled your setup with JSGME.

Working fine now! It does improve the visuals... subtle but worth it, IMO. Very low performance impact too.

Thanks for your work. But im getting a error when I have the d3d11.dll file in the files but if I delete it the game will work fine. What am I doing wrong?lol

Is there an installation guide for this mod?
With the next update in friday there is a Installation guide inside the pack.

For now, thats what you have to do to install and run it:

1. copy the folder "content" and "system" inside the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder.
Should be something like this: "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa"
This will copy my weathers to your weather-folder and the PPFilter to the filter-folder.

2. Run Content Manager !!!

3. Upper-left you have "single", "live", online" ....
Select "Single"

4. Below this, select "quick"

5. Select a car, a track and one of a "gbW"-weathers in the weather-list

6. select "GO" in the bottom-right corner -> now CM copies the textures from the weather-folder to the textures-folder of AC and starts AC with all the settings you done in CM

Now you should see the correct clouds!

7. choose the "__gbW" filter in AC in the Post Processing App

Have fun...

With the next update in friday there is a Installation guide inside the pack.

For now, thats what you have to do to install and run it:

1. copy the folder "content" and "system" inside the zip to your Assetto Corsa main folder.
Should be something like this: "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa"
This will copy my weathers to your weather-folder and the PPFilter to the filter-folder.

2. Run Content Manager !!!

3. Upper-left you have "single", "live", online" ....
Select "Single"

4. Below this, select "quick"

5. Select a car, a track and one of a "gbW"-weathers in the weather-list

6. select "GO" in the bottom-right corner -> now CM copies the textures from the weather-folder to the textures-folder of AC and starts AC with all the settings you done in CM

Now you should see the correct clouds!

7. choose the "__gbW" filter in AC in the Post Processing App

Have fun...

Thanks man, i'll give it a try.

Peter Boese updated good and bad weathers with a new update entry:

Dusks & Dawns

good and bad Weathers modification for Assetto Corsa
STAFF: Peter Boese / Xedrox

CHANGELOG of VERSION 2.5

- new texture for few clouds

- new dusks and dawns:
- "bloddy fog"