• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Featured Go Faster With Aris - Weight Transfer Video Released

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +8,677
    Go Faster - Weight Transfer - Assetto Corsa.png
    In the third instalment of the popular 'Go Faster' series of Assetto Corsa driving tutorials, Aristotelis Vasilakos shares with us his wisdom on the topic of weight transfer in racing.

Unlike the previous tutorial releases from the Kunos Simulazioni physics engineer, in todays release Aris makes use of the Franciacorta pitlane in imaginative ways as he visualises for us sim racers the effect of weight transfer in a racing car, and offers up tips on how to make it work to your advantage out on the circuit.

With the aid of a rather uncomfortable looking sidekick ( :) ), Aris aims to help support sim racing drivers to get the very maximum from their driving time out on track, with the ultimate aim of helping players gradually increase performance and competitiveness to ultimately move their way up the grid in racing situations.

Although intended to help with driving in Assetto Corsa, the tips offered up across the three videos released so far will be useful for all racing sims, and indeed can and do apply to real world racing as well.

You can watch the full episode three release from the 'Go Faster' series below:

You can check out the other video tutorials released as part of the 'Go Faster' series by following the links below:

Go Faster: Basic Driving Techniques (released April 4)
    Go Faster: Engine and Gearbox (released April 11)

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Have you found the latest video from Aris interesting and / or useful? Do you use some of the techniques discussed during these videos in your own sim or real racing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +491
    [​IMG]
    :p

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +8,677
    FFS I thought I'd changed that! Doh!

That's because I've just done a club race at Vallelunga :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. Teguh Waluyo

Teguh Waluyo

Ratings:
    +22
    This is why I still have good faith with KS. Seen their 2 last video and definitely improved my lap timing. I love U Aris... :nohomo:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +210
    "... you still have dampers..." :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  6. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +9
    Interesting videos. The first two were quite cool. Aris is good at explaining things and entertaining too (but Maurizio is better at driving :)).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kari Kranck

Kari Kranck
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    .moved dont know how to remove this.

8. melanieuk

melanieuk
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ratings:
    +62
    Love seeing developers on a real race track sharing their knowledge and know how, it's better than spreadsheets and guesstimate small talk.

9. lhcaetano

lhcaetano

Ratings:
    +18
    Much luv for Aris and the hole Kunos team. ;)

10. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Another very informative video even if I did know the basics of it anyway, more importantly, where do I get one of them AC jackets that Aris was wearing? :D

11. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +236
    Video content was enjoyable but oh boy did the sound only coming through my left headphone ruin the experience for me, hopefully something can be changed for future videos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Worked just fine on my speakers & headphones (just tested)

13. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +236
    I got sound effects, music etc. in both, but Aris talking was left earpiece only, really distracting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PietervE8

PietervE8
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Great Video ! Love the sense of humour !
    However, the demo really made me understood the importance of trail braking ....
    Yes, initially I also thought that the sound was distracting...... but then, WHAT A SOUNDTRACK !
    Keep it up ( no, that did not sound right ) keep it coming ( yikes, again ) !