GMT importer plugin for 3DSMax

Anyone know where i can get the gmotor2 importer for max i got both max 8 and 9 so if anyone knows i greatly appreciate it.

dmc67

I can export them as rfactor .gmts i just havent been, ive been exporting them for gtl... is that all i need to do to make the file importer work? that would explain why stuff doesnt work right though

I think this is it. I use rF export from BTB to get objects to Max via 3dSimed. The final purpose is work on track conversion to RBR, but I think the initial process could be the same for you. I cannot really say like an expert, but in 3dsimed I import gmt's using "Import As Objects" and everything works without problems :)

im getting problmes to, im using the latest version of MAX (2012) windows 7 (32b)

what tools i need to get it working? i know the isi tools etc but works? i tried but i get some error when i import gmt file and noting working, any help? thanks in advance

what i did, copyed GMTimporter to max/scripts/startup,
and extract the .mas file from isi coreshaders for an folder, and then copy all files into max/hardwareshaders
the plugins is giving me error all time when i open the MAX, its because i am using the 2012 version, where can i get that plugins for this MAX version?

i got this error (picture)
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/411/maxerror.png

I have seen that problem before, I usually get it when I have that material already in the scene. I dunno what causes it though, sometimes it's fine, other times it's not.
If you are trying to import gmt's into an existing scene then save that and try with a fresh one.

Hi, there. Thanks, your forum helped me a lot until now!

I did all as said on the page bevor, but when I load a gmt it only opens my material editor, showing me the materials used in the file I just loaded, but there aren't any polys... so why?

Hi

I am haveing trouble importing gmt files with their textures. I can import the geometry, but the textures are completely black. All of them. The entire scenery is black. Even when rendering.

I used this tutorial:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0

Installed
3dsmax 2010
GMT Tool
harwareshaders
GMT import plugin script

I thought 3dsmax 2010 can read dds as well, so I tried with and without conversion of the textures to tga. Either failed.

Can anyone help please?

1) turn on (assign)
2) click this to view in viewported

Attachments

• maxturn.png
    maxturn.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 844
Hello, how are you

I use 3dmax update 2017 ... I tried these procedures without success, including some files are no longer available for download in this post.

Can someone help me import track rfactor 1 and 2 in 3dmax, update 2017?

I want to find out the materials used on the track to work on the .tdf file. If you have any other ideas on how to achieve this, thank you.

I don't know if there is an import/export 3dsmax 2017 plugin for rfactor 1 or 2. The last time I looked rfactor 1 plugin worked only with 3dsmax 2008 and 2010.

Sounds like 3dsimed would be a better bet for what you are doing. Far simpler to get all the material names

I don't know if there is an import/export 3dsmax 2017 plugin for rfactor 1 or 2. The last time I looked rfactor 1 plugin worked only with 3dsmax 2008 and 2010.

Sounds like 3dsimed would be a better bet for what you are doing. Far simpler to get all the material names

I bought 3DSimED3. But even finding the material and putting it in .tdf. I still can not get the sound to pass over it.

// Rumblestrips (fake bumping added)
[FEEDBACK]
Dry = RoadDryGrip Wet = RumbleWetGrip Resistance = 0.0 BumpAmp = RumbleBumpAmp BumpWavelen = RumbleBumpLen Legal = true Spring = 0.0 Damper = 0.0 CollFrict = 0.4 Sparks = 0 Scraping = 1 Sound = rumble
Reaction = tiresmoke Tex = smokewhite.tga Max = 1024 Scale = (1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth = (4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope = (2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend = InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend = SrcAlpha
Reaction = skid Tex = skidhard.tga Max = 2500 Pixel = NoReduceDetail Particle = Plane + Deformable + SingleSided DestBlend = InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend = SrcAlpha
Materials = rmbl, ROADA89, ROADA_NEWKB

Material1.jpg

Trying to hit this

Most of the tracks, when the tire passes over the runway limit, a vibrant sound is triggered giving the realism of the game.
Untitled-2.jpg
Where can I set the tire sounds over the runway limit?

I have two tracks that when passing over the limit of the track there is no sound at all.

The material name starting with ROAD is wrong. It has to start with RMBL. rF1 only takes the first 4 letters into consideration so your telling it that it's flat tarmac with - ROADA89, ROADA_NEWKB. Use RMBLA, RMBLB, if you need different textured rumble strips.
Where can I set the tire sounds over the runway limit?
The material of the mesh just over the limit needs to be named RMBLxxx for it to rumble.

The material name starting with ROAD is wrong. It has to start with RMBL. rF1 only takes the first 4 letters into consideration so your telling it that it's flat tarmac with - ROADA89, ROADA_NEWKB. Use RMBLA, RMBLB, if you need different textured rumble strips.

The material of the mesh just over the limit needs to be named RMBLxxx for it to rumble.

Thanks for the tips ... they were awesome!

Certainly I will need new help, please do not abandon me.

3DSimed has a high price ... More really worth it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%