• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

gMotor 2 Error

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Dave Wild, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    I have just manually installed the new ORSM V8 mods including the 2010 Add-on season and some of the tracks that will be used in the 2011 season.

However rFactor will not run, I get the following error

"gMotor 2 Error.
    Fatal Error compiling pixel shader ps20_blinnBumpSpecMapTOLerpT1VertexAlphaCustom. Please compile offline for more info"

Can anyone offer any help please?

Ta

Dave

2. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    You are missing a shader from the GameData/Shared folder.

3. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    Thanks Ryan, however that brings up a possible problem.

2 of the tracks I added (Pukekohe & Barbagallo) have .PSH and .VSH files for the shared folder and the files have different dates and sizes which are also different from the originals. Which do I use, assuming the shader is for a track and not a car?

BTW I do enjoy the race videos RD do and your commentary is excellent. I don't know what you are studying at uni but I feel sure you have a future as a motor sport commentator, thanks for the entertainment :)

Dave

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Thanks Dave - I'm not sure it will matter which shader from which track you use - they were both created by The Lonely.

5. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    After some logical removal of files, testing and then re-adding files the problem is now cured.

6. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Glad you got it sorted.

7. Naughtyyy

Naughtyyy

Ratings:
    +0
    Its 2017 now. I have the Error says "Error opening vertex shader file NAVI/VS20_LIGHTFLARE.VSH". I've researched but I can't see a solution. Any help?