Glitching Cars After Export - rFactor

Back again,

Sorted out my lines issue. Now for this one.
Am having some rather large issues online with every track I build in BTB.

Car's appear to be glitchy/laggy to all on the server.
It's completely random and can disappear for a couple of laps or be non stop for a couple of laps.

Here is a video (from about 10 seconds onwards it starts - watch the other car);

Edit; Could possibly have something to do with the edge of the track?

Last edited:
Still happening. Worth pointing out I am not having any issues with AI/offline (speedway AI is poor at best and I only do minor tests there). The video above is another user on a 20 slot server.

At first I thought it may be just server lag, but we have the luxury of having a admin that runs a company that hosts dedicated servers, websites, VPS, etc, that put a couple of servers up for us. We had the track exclusively on a server and no matter what he does from his side the track still has this glitch issue.

It definitely has something to do with where the track meets the "outfield". Stumped.

Edit; Thanks for your help here by the way mate. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I had it in wireframe and build wise it looks as clean as a whistle, so it can't be a rogue piece of something.

That was not an AI car in the video so I can't see, now, why it should be a problem with the AIW.

Does it happen at the same place?
Does it happen to a car when it's high on the track?

All the way around the track where the high part of the track meets the surrounding terrain.

Whenever a car runs over it there is a good chance it glitches out.

S6xqE1U.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to wrap my head around that one R Soul. Hahahah.

So rfactor could be creating AI vehicles which players are then driving?
Would that be exclusive to certain tracks (my tracks)? Where on earth would that even be happening!

It is definitely people I am driving against not just AI with peoples skins. They are telling me about the glitching as I'm testing with them. Haha.

I swear I must be doing something wrong in BTB.

Are you sure it's to do with the AI/AIW file?
Could it be that the Walls/Fence has no cross-sections?
Being close to the wall would mean the PC would be trying to calculate MIPS & LODS for the entire wall at different rates instead of for each section...
While in game hit Ctrl+F for the frame rate counter & check to see if the FPS is taking a dive at the same time.
I could be totally wrong, but that would be my theory...;)
Good luck & let us know how you get on with it

I'm not sure what is causing the issue to be honest. I'm pretty much looking for any possible solution what so ever.

The track has no walls/fences where the track meets the surrounding terrain (on the track picture above) and it still does it. Could it be possibly doing that to the terrain however?

Frame rate doesn't drop at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back