• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

glight's 2014 rig: CSL, Sim Seat or GamePOD GT2?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by glight, Dec 27, 2013.

1. glight

glight

Ratings:
    +146
    Dear RaceDepartment:

I recently moved to another country (Canada to USA) and in the process sold off my obutto to a buddy at work. It would have been a hassle to ship it down and this way I get to have another (after) Christmas present to myself:D.

I kept my CSR Elite, Clubsport pedals and triple 24" LG's (buddy took my old DFGT) so all I need now is a place to mount everything. I've been eyeing up Fanatec's CSL ($300), Sim Seat's SR-X ($450) or GamePOD's GT2 ($850) and I'm curious what your guy's opinions are (or if you would recommend something completely different).

I liked my obutto but ultimately my gripes were:
    - triple screen mount was part of the driver's frame: to negate this I have decided to go with Sim Seat's triple screen mount (adding $250 to the total pricetag)

- Driving position wasn't perfect: I know this is difficult as everyone is different but I never could quite get comfortable in the obutto.

If you guys can help me that would be sweet:thumbsup:

2. glight

glight

Ratings:
    +146
    Welp, the answer is neither: I went with the brand new Rseat RS1. Lucky enough for me the day I decide to do my research was the day their US/Canada site for the rig went live so I was one of the first to order. My wallet is a little sore now after having to go past the gamepod's price (RS1 is $999) but by the looks of things it'll be worth the money (closest competition is the obutto revolution at $800 or human racing at $1300).

I will come back with my thoughts after delivery in mid January, in the meantime anyone in Europe have this rig?