Resource icon

Tracks Glencoe 0.71

Login or Register an account to download this content
For me the map appears but not the car symbol. So I can't see where I am. But I like that map app. Way better then the default kunos one. Especially on a map as big as this one.

Nice job so far! Just wanted to report something I noticed. About 8-10 sec after leaving start area there is a patch of road that must not be labeled as road because as I drive across it, it says "Track Cut - Time will not count".

And I never was in the area, but I don't believe they are blocking the road with roadbarriers.
Awesome track nevertheless, I recently made a big trip in AC to just say wow at everything

Grant Hendry updated Glencoe with a new update entry:

New Release 0.7 with major improvements

Update 0.7
Worked a lot on performance of the track and getting the textures, both road and roadside, looking a lot smoother and prettier. We can now introduce the Farmers Brown ring, a complex built using tax dollars for farmer brown to spin around at his leisure along with a rallycross track to match. Added more link roads for those to crash to catch back up. Added more variety to roadside surface and objects

Thanks to the Viking, Gunner and the legend of Moosanee Airport, Korvin

If...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Noticed after the update lots of road lines do not align correctly any more. There are gaps between road patches.
Great update though.
Performance seems to be significantly improved.

Really awesome project, however the shaders/textures are too dark when not illuminated by the sun for nearly all objects/terrain (there are a few buildings and the rock near the pit spawn for example which appear to be setup more correctly, but as a result stick out against the too dark surroundings)

This is most apparent at say 18:00 in clear weather or any time in heavy clouds.
the default filters mask this to a degree with autoexposure, however this is a band aid as all of the cars cockpits etc will be overexposed as a result

Thank you for this awesome track.
I wanna suggest something for the next update. Maybe if you tried moving the pits closer to the zero point of the track to avoid cockpit/UI shake when setting up the car or chatting. I suppose it will remain free roam and in that case the pits can be anywhere. Later when you're driving toward the ends, the shake will be there but it would be less of a problem. IMO on such a huge free roam track, it is not important where you start your drive.

Thank you for this awesome track.
I wanna suggest something for the next update. Maybe if you tried moving the pits closer to the zero point of the track to avoid cockpit/UI shake when setting up the car or chatting. I suppose it will remain free roam and in that case the pits can be anywhere. Later when you're driving toward the ends, the shake will be there but it would be less of a problem. IMO on such a huge free roam track, it is not important where you start your drive.
Try the Lancia Fulvia mod and you are in for a real shaky shake in vr :D

Any chance for a fix or workaround to overcome the shaking? Seems like a persistent bug in AC engine than the track itself. Do the AC dev team know about this issue with big tracks?

I wonder then - what if the author of this track made a version consisting of a smaller parts of the full Glencoe for those having their jimmies rustled by this shake effect? Like smaller Nordschleife-sized 'circuits', Glencoe part 1, 2, 3 etc ?

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the invisible wall still exists right near the Dank Shop by pits. It juts out of the shoulder like a foot into the far lane.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%