Resource icon

Tracks Glencoe 0.71

Login or Register an account to download this content
Grant Hendry submitted a new resource:

Glencoe - Free roam driving arena in the highlands of Scotland

Real world location based in the Glen Finnan area of Glencoe, in Scotland. A mixture of real roads and fantasy roads based on real world forestry tracks and trails. Total track length is about 75 miles with the outer loop measuring 48 miles. Constructed using RTB along with SAS Planet, Blender and Sketchup. Most of the buildings are fantasy and scratch made, some were RTB Xpacks and some were liberated from 3dwarehouse and converted for use in AC

Thanks to Gunner, Korvin, Donald,...

Read more about this resource...

I'll wait with the review and rating until I've actually driven it but I think I'm going to have one busy weekend driving. Great idea. I love roads and the longer the better. Thanks for sharing.

Well holy cow, this came out of nowhere. Can't ignore how huge this area is, so much terrain variety, so many roads.. yet there is no proper FFB feeling. All surfaces feel similar and plain, but I can imagine how much work it would take to create a proper road mesh for all of them here. Still, this is the most serious flaw. I will write something more after deeper testing, it is fun anyway, thank you for your effort :thumbsup:

This looks impressive. Thank you.

I can't get the track to load properly though so i haven't been able to try it out yet. I press Start, the track loads, the cars then load, then I get kicked back to the launcher.

I've tried in Quick Race mode and Race Weekend too.

I can't get the track to load properly though so i haven't been able to try it out yet. I press Start, the track loads, the cars then load, then I get kicked back to the launcher.

i think the ai isn't there yet. on my game it's running (practice mode that is).

There is no AI, so it will only work in practice and hotlap. There's no cams either. Remember it's 0.6. But man, what a 0.6. Absolutely love this road. It's so good to be able to drive on a real road that you don't know in a good road car. This is where AC really shines IMHO. I really hope this road sets a trend with other road/track builders. Thanks again @Grant Hendry for this gem.

Edit:

Just a little question, it would be nice to have a map of this. Not in the game I mean but in the overview for example. So we can have an idea of all the side roads and where they lead to. And where towns are etc. Cheers!

Last edited:
There is no AI, so it will only work in practice and hotlap. There's no cams either. Remember it's 0.6. But man, what a 0.6. Absolutely love this road. It's so good to be able to drive on a real road that you don't know in a good road car. This is where AC really shines IMHO. I really hope this road sets a trend with other road/track builders. Thanks again @Grant Hendry for this gem.

Edit:

Just a little question, it would be nice to have a map of this. Not in the game I mean but in the overview for example. So we can have an idea of all the side roads and where they lead to. And where towns are etc. Cheers!

There is a map but it is currently only compatible with MapDisplay App. I am looking into how to make a map that AC will recognise showing the tracks, trails and shortcuts, hopefully get that sorted for next version

Grant

No AI at the moment, the next version will have AI and a separate layout for AI traffic.
Final plan is to have multiple layouts in one folder that will allow Free Roam, AI racing, AI traffic and multiple point to point hillclimb style sprints all in separate layouts under the one folder

There is a map but it is currently only compatible with MapDisplay App. I am looking into how to make a map that AC will recognise showing the tracks, trails and shortcuts, hopefully get that sorted for next version

Grant

I meant like a "printed" map. In the download section, just an image of the whole layout, added to the screenshots for example. Or maybe a downloadable PDF? Like a road map.

I drove for 20 minutes in a Group C car and did not finish a lap. And then I flipped the car. And at 1,2 GB its the biggest track I have come cross yet.

Wow!
Mind. Blown.
Seen this after about ten minutes of driving
2x0iYA5.png

Had to stop here; will have to come back at night
QldrR94.png

and then I messed up big time and this was the result: (which is kinda impressive considering damage was turned off)
ZAiLrrk.png

Haha, yeah happened to me too. Lost my front wheel on them little rocks. About the "Titty Twister", they're open 24/7, just try the backdoor. ;)

Absolutely blown away by this. For a 0.6 it's quite advanced, only some holes here and there. And some dangerous spots need warning signs ;). And some dead ends some fixing. But overall one of the best experiences I ever had with simdriving.
Now you need a donation button so I can buy you a beer.:thumbsup:

This is fantastic for a 0.6. One issue I'm having is that it's like there's constantly a decent sized earthquake going on. Some cars it's worse than others, but it's even present in official Kunos cars so it's not just bad mods (which I've had happen before). When moving, it's not as noticeable but when sitting still it's mildly unpleasant to downright sickness inducing, especially in VR. Hopefully this can be remedied because I'm really loving the roads so far.

There is a track map but you need the Map Display app for it too appear, sometimes you need to record your own. I am working on a normal AC style map for the next release, will update when the next version comes out
I use the trackmapdisplay and can see the map but the map is way smaller than it should be. Perhaps image resizing?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back