Giving teams equal coverage in the WC highlights

Scrambles

Mower of Lawns
To all WC drivers and team managers,

In producing the WC highlights packages, I have the difficult task of covering an hour and a half long race with 20 drivers and 10 teams in under a 10 minute video. Going through such a long replay, even with the aid of a lap chart, is quite daunting, and it is very easy for me to miss important events, such as a driver coming off the track or making a crucial overtake.

It isn't easy to keep track of so many drivers over 50+ laps.

One thing that makes my job much easier AND makes the video more accurate, is when drivers fill out their GPCOS comments section in detail. Fortunately, most drivers this season have been doing a good job of this so far, but I would like to encourage all drivers to continue to use the GPCOS comments section properly.

Drivers who make undetailed comments (e.g. "Nothing much to say, had an awful race and finished 12th") are far less likely to get much coverage in the highlights.

This season I have been making a concerted effort to give ALL teams coverage in the WC highlights videos, rather than just the teams at the front. I've tried to ensure that every driver gets their name mentioned at least once, and that the entire length of the field is reviewed.

It can take up to 4 hours to go through the replay in detail, all I'm asking for is 5 minutes from the drivers to write out helpful GPCOS comments that make my job much simpler.

Cheers,
Simon Adebisi
FSR Multimedia Director

Thats a good point simon.
I think what we at AeroF1 will do to help you is send you a email with a description of where they had some good action or important race development.
Im sure this will save you bags of time if you know which laps to look at in the replays.:cool:

Just like to say that bar 2 or 3 drivers, the GPCOS comments have been really helpful over the last two rounds at Turkey & Malaysia. Thanks for responding to the above post.

Please keep it up guys, it's really appreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%