Giovinazzi Completes First Ferrari Test

Giovinazzi Ferrari.jpg
GP2 runner up Antonio Giovinazzi completed his first test with Ferrari this week at the Fiorano test track in Italy.

Giovinazzi joined the team as the third driver at the end of last year, after narrowly missing out on the GP2 title in his maiden season.

The Iatalian ran the team’s 2015 car with the aim of making comparisons between his simulator and the on track data.

“It was a wonderful feeling, as this was my first time driving a Formula 1 car,” Giovinazzi said. “For an Italian, driving out of the pits in a Ferrari is an amazing experience. The actual testing was very interesting, with so many procedures to follow, but the guys in the team were very nice to me and extremely helpful and that made everything much easier.”

He will continue testing next week.

For more Formula One news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Do you want to see more of Giovinazzi in a Formula One car? Do you think he’ll be making the step up to F1 anytime soon? Let us know in the comments below!

I watched quite a bit of GP2 last season, and I think Giovinazzi has more raw talent than the champion (Gasly). Like many young racers, he had some ragged moments which ultimately resulted in him not quite winning the series, but I'm excited to see what he does in the future.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%