• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

EU Ginetta @ Silverstone - Wednesday March 1st 2017

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eugene Abramoff, Feb 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 01-03-17
  1. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +700
    Tom-Sharp-r1-brands.jpg
    Ginetta is picking up speed

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU G55
    Cars: Ginetta G55 SUPERCUP (Download here)
    Track: Silverstone National

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:40 GMT (20 minutes)
    Qualifying 2: 20:00 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race 2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List
    1. Shaun Clarke
    2. Glaurung
    3. Solli93
    4. Kek700
    5. Ross Garland
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,738
    Sign me up Scotty :thumbsup:

3. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +777
    Sign me in, pls.

4. Solli93

Solli93
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Sign me up, but it should be atleast 7-8 cars to be fun at all.

5. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    i'll have a go

6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,546
    Come on people, let's get these bad boys rolling! Sign me up please!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fabrizio

Fabrizio
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Sign me in please ;)

8. Fabrizio

Fabrizio
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Sign me out for tonights race. Got other things to do :)

9. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +700
    Server is up

10. Solli93

Solli93
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Im out of this Race. Sadly there are again only 4-5 people who want to Race with this Car.

11. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,738
    I did send a message to @Ross Garland earlier, as I didn't understand how it works,

To me, it seems this "LODS" issue is causing concerns / uncertainties which I am seriously trying to fix,

What other reason would people (over 32K downloads in total) from RD, want not to race this beast?

Ideas on a postcard please

Shaun

• Love Love x 1
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,546
    I wish I knew. We have a fantastic mod which generated a massive amount of interest last month while you were working on it, yet somehow that interest doesn't translate into even half-full grids for club racing. It's really very odd.

My only theory is that it falls on the same night as F3's in the AMS club. Take a look at the TeamSpeak list... every man and his dog are on the AMS channel! I don't know how much crossover there is between clubs though. I jump between three different sims myself, so it can be hard choosing a race sometimes.

13. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +700
    I'm sure its not LODs, no need to put so much emphasis on that particular subject, when we talk about low interest in this events.
    It seems like anything that doesn't have "GT3" in it, isn't exactly popular. Why? I don't know. Maybe a bit of brand loyalty, which is one of reasons why GT3 is so popular in a first place, is diverse selection of premium manufacturers. This is the market we have at the moment.
    I'm sure every time there might be a new person who would discover this car and come around the next, so right at the moment, its matter of time, I would say.
    Is this car available for other platforms btw? like rFactor2 or better yet AMS?
    I'm not cancelling it here, but I have a feeling, this car can be a big success in AMS club races.

14. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +777
    Agree, this car is lovely to drive.
    The poor turnout it's definitely not related to any mod fault.

15. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,738
    Hi Eugene,

I make a big point about LODS, as that is what the AC community has fed back to me, so I can only go on what they say.

This car, well sort of, is only available for pCars, but it is completely wrong and unrealistic (although they hold the official license) it has open gearing, open diff, which is a complete NO NO according to official tech specs and I won't go any further on handling, as this is not a comparison website.

To be honest, the fact that F3 for AMS is running on the same night, and this is established, might, and I say MIGHT be part of the problem, but if you want to cancel the Ginetta for now, so we can rule out the LODS issue and see what happens when these are fixed, unless we are told otherwise, then that is fine with me, no point in having 3-5 people joining.

Not sure what else to say really, as according to downloads ( unless it was non Prem Account holders that downloaded it) it should of been a no brainer

16. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,546
    Work was started on an rF2 version in 2013 but I didn't find anything else. It's definitely not in AMS. The only other game I've seen it in is pCars. It was one of the reasons I grabbed the game in a sale. But it's horrible... it can't hold a candle to the version we have in AC.

I'm really hoping this one takes off eventually. Such a lovely car to drive and close racing is all but guaranteed. It could potentially be like the ever-popular Mini's over in the AMS club but for AC. Just need to get a few more people to give it a go and start spreading the word!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,738
    I am trying mate

18. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +700
    I'm experimenting with schedule at the moment, I will see if I can move this to Friday, if not right now, soon enough.

• Love Love x 1
  19. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Staff

Ratings:
    +700
    Don't forget about Mini Friday though, if anything I think its even more popular than F3.

• Agree Agree x 1