AC Ginetta @ Silverstone - Wednesday March 1st 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tom-Sharp-r1-brands.jpg

Ginetta is picking up speed

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU G55
Cars: Ginetta G55 SUPERCUP (Download here)
Track: Silverstone National

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:00 GMT (10 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Shaun Clarke
  2. Glaurung
  3. Solli93
  4. Kek700
  5. Ross Garland
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
I did send a message to @Ross Garland earlier, as I didn't understand how it works,

To me, it seems this "LODS" issue is causing concerns / uncertainties which I am seriously trying to fix,

What other reason would people (over 32K downloads in total) from RD, want not to race this beast?

Ideas on a postcard please

Shaun

What other reason would people (over 32K downloads in total) from RD, want not to race this beast?
I wish I knew. We have a fantastic mod which generated a massive amount of interest last month while you were working on it, yet somehow that interest doesn't translate into even half-full grids for club racing. It's really very odd.

My only theory is that it falls on the same night as F3's in the AMS club. Take a look at the TeamSpeak list... every man and his dog are on the AMS channel! I don't know how much crossover there is between clubs though. I jump between three different sims myself, so it can be hard choosing a race sometimes.

I did send a message to @Ross Garland earlier, as I didn't understand how it works,

To me, it seems this "LODS" issue is causing concerns / uncertainties which I am seriously trying to fix,

Ideas on a postcard please

Shaun

I'm sure its not LODs, no need to put so much emphasis on that particular subject, when we talk about low interest in this events.
It seems like anything that doesn't have "GT3" in it, isn't exactly popular. Why? I don't know. Maybe a bit of brand loyalty, which is one of reasons why GT3 is so popular in a first place, is diverse selection of premium manufacturers. This is the market we have at the moment.
I'm sure every time there might be a new person who would discover this car and come around the next, so right at the moment, its matter of time, I would say.
Is this car available for other platforms btw? like rFactor2 or better yet AMS?
I'm not cancelling it here, but I have a feeling, this car can be a big success in AMS club races.

Hi Eugene,

I make a big point about LODS, as that is what the AC community has fed back to me, so I can only go on what they say.

This car, well sort of, is only available for pCars, but it is completely wrong and unrealistic (although they hold the official license) it has open gearing, open diff, which is a complete NO NO according to official tech specs and I won't go any further on handling, as this is not a comparison website.

To be honest, the fact that F3 for AMS is running on the same night, and this is established, might, and I say MIGHT be part of the problem, but if you want to cancel the Ginetta for now, so we can rule out the LODS issue and see what happens when these are fixed, unless we are told otherwise, then that is fine with me, no point in having 3-5 people joining.

Not sure what else to say really, as according to downloads ( unless it was non Prem Account holders that downloaded it) it should of been a no brainer

Is this car available for other platforms btw? like rFactor2 or better yet AMS?
Work was started on an rF2 version in 2013 but I didn't find anything else. It's definitely not in AMS. The only other game I've seen it in is pCars. It was one of the reasons I grabbed the game in a sale. But it's horrible... it can't hold a candle to the version we have in AC.

I'm really hoping this one takes off eventually. Such a lovely car to drive and close racing is all but guaranteed. It could potentially be like the ever-popular Mini's over in the AMS club but for AC. Just need to get a few more people to give it a go and start spreading the word!

Hi Eugene,

I make a big point about LODS, as that is what the AC community has fed back to me, so I can only go on what they say.

This car, well sort of, is only available for pCars, but it is completely wrong and unrealistic (although they hold the official license) it has open gearing, open diff, which is a complete NO NO according to official tech specs and I won't go any further on handling, as this is not a comparison website.

To be honest, the fact that F3 for AMS is running on the same night, and this is established, might, and I say MIGHT be part of the problem, but if you want to cancel the Ginetta for now, so we can rule out the LODS issue and see what happens when these are fixed, unless we are told otherwise, then that is fine with me, no point in having 3-5 people joining.

Not sure what else to say really, as according to downloads ( unless it was non Prem Account holders that downloaded it) it should of been a no brainer

I'm experimenting with schedule at the moment, I will see if I can move this to Friday, if not right now, soon enough.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back