AC Ginetta @ Redbull Ring - Wednesday March 8th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great races, first I was in a small fight with Catalin and Michael, second race Andrew was pushing really hard, stressed me out, great fight (to bad you crashed :(). Then i caught Catalin and we had a hard fight with changing positions, paint trading and overall awesomeness :D

Good, clean and consistent racing @Fabrizio
Were track rules disabled? Wish there was a clear ruling what is on/off track especially on this track ... i know people who would abuse this. AMS is very strict in that department and i like it, you have to be very exact in your driving. (3 times of track = drive through)

Were track rules disabled? Wish there was a clear ruling what is on/off track especially on this track ... i know people who would abuse this. AMS is very strict in that department and i like it, you have to be very exact in your driving. (3 times of track = drive through)

This is the questions I have raised as it did seem to me that there was no track rules at all :(

Normally AC track boundary rules is not very well implemented and in some turns the off track measures of slowing down the car is a bit dubious and at a certain point dangerous. rFactor 2 and AMS of our games has the better implementation of off track measures.

The only way that we can "police" the driver off track shenanigans on AC is through reporting. For the sake of racing and driver safety in both EU and US races the wheels off track measure it's set to 4 wheels off so in case of an accident drivers can go off track and continue racing without possible cutting penalties, in case we had only 2 whenever the driver that is evading the accident through an off track would eventually be penalized and would have to slow down abruptly the car, possibly endangering the continuity of the race.

I will admit, I was offtrack too many times, not that I gain any time from it, but I didn't lose any time either. So yes, I did gain from it in the end, because you should not get away with cutting the track that easy. IMO, I should have gotten a penalty for that, I think it just fair. But the penalty should not destroy the racing, because, after all, that's why we are here.

I think a mention of it before the race (both on TS and in text chat), and in the original post, will help with people cutting. The more we talk about it, the more people will understand and stop cutting. I didn't realize how much I cut these 2 races until now when people talk about it and I think back.

I know, the discussion has been up a million times, but I think it is slowly getting better. One thing that cloud help is getting more people on TS, even if the don't have a mic, so they can listen to what others say, and such. Also, this track has weird zones, especially between second to last and last corn, IRL they installed huge curbs there to prevent cutting, to bad those aren't there in the game :/ (sorry if the text is a bit weird, way to tired to make a good text :p)

The curbs I'm talking about
fia-f3-red-bull-ring-2016-3.jpg

Had a somewhat mixed first experience, only down to issues my end. For the first qualifying I surprised myself with a relatively good lap putting me 3rd on the grid, decided to watch some of the other cars at the end of qualifying but didn't know the shortcut to get back into my own car (CTRL+Numpad 2 for those who didn't know!). So missed the first race. Got back in for the 2nd qualifying and stuck the car 4th on the grid. It seems the starting procedure is different to races offline. When racing offline I tend to stick the car in first with the clutch in, then foot off to start the race, it didn't let me select a gear until lights out so I had a poor start. Had a good battle for 5th or 6th but then my Rift just went black so I had to pull out. Restarted the PC and the rift was working fine, it's never happened before either.

The time I had on the track was great, and I witnessed very clean driving I will be back for more.

I suffered a freeze in the first race and have been in the grass in the second race after a good start (3rd).
Don't know why my name is not displayed.

The only way that we can "police" the driver off track shenanigans on AC is through reporting.
^^This. We all know AC's handling of cutting is pretty rubbish, so it's no surprise that the rules are switched off. Unfortunately in my experience (both here and elsewhere), no amount of posting about it or speaking about it on TS makes people stop deliberately cutting. Some people are just inclined to do whatever they can if they think they can get away with it, and that's why reporting breaches of RD's rules is important. Even when staff are on the server, they can't watch everyone.

Sorry I couldn't join you guys, sounds like you had a lot of fun with these beauties. Maybe next week!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%